GeoHitchikers

Guest SteveL

Guest SteveL

I found my first cache today - I'm hooked! My kids and I are getting ready to plant our first cache, and I would like to include a hitchhiker - a candle, camera, stuffed animal - something that travels from cache to cache. I'd like to track it's progress on the internet, on something like http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GeoHitchhikers - (which I just created). The basic idea would be that the GeoHitchhiker would have the yahoo groups address on it, and a note asking would be "rides" to login and tell the story of where the GeoHitchhiker as been and where it was left. Suggestions? Ideas? Does a site already exist to do this?

Any suggestions???

Thanx!

[This message has been edited by SteveL (edited 30 June 2001).]

Guest Paul Lamble

A couple of caches around Kansas City have a dollar bill that is hitchiking. I haven't visited the site, but apparently you log the buck's progress at wheresgeorge.com or something like that.

Paul Lamble

Guest Prime Suspect

I created a hitchhiker a while ago - a small dinosaur toy. I attached a small logbook with strong fishing line, so it would be sure to travel with him. He hopped around to several caches before ending up in at the Bridges of Prairie Creek cache, which was plundered a few days later, ending his hitchhiking career.

Guest makaio

Last winter, Team Snaptek (AZ) placed a Mr. Potato Head in a cache as a hitchhiker and followed his travels.

http://snaptek.com/geocaching/mrtata/mrtata.html

Last update was in February - whereabouts currently unknown.

I took a toy action figure from the 1914 cache in OR and brought her cross-country to the Balls Bluff cache in VA with a note asking subsequent visitors to take her only if they plan on travelling out of state and can transfer her to another cache. Waiting...watching...

Guest Cach-U-Nuts

We have a web-site set up to track our Nuts!

we've left our nuts in different caches, when you find one there is a # and a code word stamped on it, you log it in and receive points when you place it in another cache.We've just started it and so far it seems to be catching on, We've recently place a little bear named "Roamer" he has a little back pack on with a log book to log his travels. hopefully he'll see alot of country this summer and end up some where warm for the winter. He's worth 20 points when found and placed. My husband & I are NUTS about this game, we plan on doing some other fun games for kids in the next few weeks. We would love to hear any ideas you might have. Keep your eyes open you never know when a bear or a nut might end up in your area! Log in at www.cachunuts.com (we are going to start giving points for just logging in, and for suggestions!)

Happy Cachen....The Cach-U-Nuts!

[This message has been edited by Cach-U-Nuts (edited 01 July 2001).]

Guest Lux Lucid

"Bob" the Mobile Cache Camera is making his way around northwest Oregon area. Hopefully be on Mars soon. Log book for exposure number, photographer, subject, notes, location, etc.

Started May 26, 2001 and has been moved by 4 caching parties in about a month's time. 24 exposures, one exposure per transfer; I estimate he will be out there for about 5 to 6 months before he's out of film and mailed (SASE) back to us.

Progress here:

http://geocaching.exocet.ca/created-misc-01.shtml

Pict of "Bob" at its departure spot, in its own small Tupperware:

http://geocaching.exocet.ca/pics/Eddie2nd-MCC-Bob.jpg

-Lux Lucid

(Team Exocet)

Guest Markwell

Ken - think you could move Stinky a little farther south? I'm headed up to Rockford today, and tried to talk my wife into the added miles... icon_wink.gif

Sometime I'll tell you about my non-Geocaching hitch-hiker, Stinky the Skunk.

Guest Markwell

Ken - think you could move Stinky a little farther south? I'm headed up to Rockford today, and tried to talk my wife into the added miles... icon_wink.gif

Sometime I'll tell you about my non-Geocaching hitch-hiker, Stinky the Skunk.

Guest Markwell

quote:
Originally posted by kbraband:

I wish you could pick him up. As far as I know he's still at Ic Age Vista waiting for a lift. That's a beautiful cache hike, by the way. You'd really like it. (hint, hint)

Unfortunately, next four weekends are booked,

Caching with a virgin, Chicago area Geocaching picnic 7/14 (Isn't that nice how I worked in a plug icon_wink.gif ) Tennessee Caching after that.

So, I won't make it up to Ice Age until well after 8/1/01. If Stinky stays around that far, I'll see if I can talk the wife into that long of a jaunt. My Scooby and Shaggy are doing so well that I think the Chicagoans are LOVING hitchhikers. Another in the fray wouldn't be bad...

Guest Markwell

quote:
Originally posted by kbraband:

I wish you could pick him up. As far as I know he's still at Ic Age Vista waiting for a lift. That's a beautiful cache hike, by the way. You'd really like it. (hint, hint)

Unfortunately, next four weekends are booked,

Caching with a virgin, Chicago area Geocaching picnic 7/14 (Isn't that nice how I worked in a plug icon_wink.gif ) Tennessee Caching after that.

So, I won't make it up to Ice Age until well after 8/1/01. If Stinky stays around that far, I'll see if I can talk the wife into that long of a jaunt. My Scooby and Shaggy are doing so well that I think the Chicagoans are LOVING hitchhikers. Another in the fray wouldn't be bad...