Most Pregnant Geocacher?

My wife accompanied our older daughter and myself on a cache hunt when she was about 34 weeks. To her credit, she stayed with us up a 1500' vertical climb here in the Columbia River Gorge (OR) and managed another long hike through dense foliage and briars. Total hiking distance that day probably about 12 miles - very little of it easy.

The baby is now almost 5 months old and not much chance we'll be attempting to break your record in the future icon_wink.gif

btw, congratulations and best wishes for an easy L & D.

5505_600.gif

My wife accompanied our older daughter and myself on a cache hunt when she was about 34 weeks. To her credit, she stayed with us up a 1500' vertical climb here in the Columbia River Gorge (OR) and managed another long hike through dense foliage and briars. Total hiking distance that day probably about 12 miles - very little of it easy.

The baby is now almost 5 months old and not much chance we'll be attempting to break your record in the future icon_wink.gif

btw, congratulations and best wishes for an easy L & D.

5505_600.gif

Dawn, my wife and fellow TeamWSMF memeber, is about 5 months along.

We started eocaching about a month ago and have hit 12 caches. The toughest was the Four Corners cache. Im pacing things so that we have a few easy ones close by so she can do near the end of her pregnant days.

I am half thinking of putting a cache in the delivey room so that she can find it when things are slowing down during labor.

"Ok honey, now push...and breath...and 10 feet to the left you should find a nurse tree with a peace sign fir growing out of it.."

Either that or I find out where she is delivering, grab the lat/long, and post an Event cache.

"took the baby, left a happy meal barney figurine"

Somehow I think when she reads this I should be running very fast and very far.

-tom

----------------------------

TeamWSMF@wsmf.org

quote:
Originally posted by TeamWSMF:

I am half thinking of putting a cache in the delivey room so that she can find it when things are slowing down during labor.

"Ok honey, now push...and breath...and 10 feet to the left you should find a nurse tree with a peace sign fir growing out of it.."

And in the cache, she might find this little trinket...

http://www.e-surfnshop.com/itemview.cfm?ItemID=1368

quote:
Originally posted by makaio:

http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/5505_600.gif

Congrats on the family. I think the new one has a lot of hiking in her future! Let's see, this Summer, she'll be packed in on your back. You'll still get some miles. Next Summer, she'll be toddling. Lots of hikes, not as many miles. From there on, it just gets better and better!

Bluespreacher

quote:
Originally posted by makaio:

http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/5505_600.gif

Congrats on the family. I think the new one has a lot of hiking in her future! Let's see, this Summer, she'll be packed in on your back. You'll still get some miles. Next Summer, she'll be toddling. Lots of hikes, not as many miles. From there on, it just gets better and better!

Bluespreacher

Ok how about most pregnant night time cacher? hehe

This was a log from a travel bug page of mine

"We made a detour on our way to vero beach from Orlando to visit this cache. The drive was a little longer than we thought, so we had to visit home depot for a flashlight before we went into the woods in the dark.My wife (6months pregnant) and I walked through the spider webs in the dark to save Old Bet from the alligators. This was a very good cache.It’s a great hiding place and the gps was very accurate. We forgot to carry something into the woods, I was too busy convincing my wife to walk into the dark woods, so we left a dollar and took Old Bet. We are planning on taking him to Ohio."

My daughter is due on the 25th March. Yesterday they travelled on a very bumpy gravel road to place a cache in the Northern Territory (Australia). I have been half expecting to get a call to say "it's on the way" but no, still she waits with 6 days to go.

She is part of the SNAFUADV Team and the new baby will be out caching ASAP.

Oh brother. icon_rolleyes.gif If anything points to geocaching being a family activity this is the thread. The idea of having kids is still pretty scary icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif to me. I only have had a Girlfriend with two Rings for a year next weekend. Good luck to you all, hopefully I won't be joing at least not for a while longer. icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

later

mcb

Oh brother. icon_rolleyes.gif If anything points to geocaching being a family activity this is the thread. The idea of having kids is still pretty scary icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif to me. I only have had a Girlfriend with two Rings for a year next weekend. Good luck to you all, hopefully I won't be joing at least not for a while longer. icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

later

mcb

Can't say we beat that! Didn't start geocaching until our daughter was about 9 months old (last month). We did put her in the backpack and take her along (she loves it).

Thinking back though, my wife would probably have given it the good ol college try up to about 8 months had her feet not swolen up so much!

Happy caching!

At 40 and a half weeks, we can't beat that. However, last summer I took my 8 and a half month pregnant wife and my twenty-month old daughter on Row, Row Row Your Boat cache in the Chicago area. This cache involved renting a boat and rowing out to an island to retrieve the cache. My other daughter, at 6 months, has only been to one cache. Taking an infant and a toddler geocaching by myself, is a whole new level of work.

My wife is about 5 months pregnant. She won't go hiking into the woods, but she will go along for the drive and wait in the car if it's going to be a short hike. Then my son and I can talk to her on our FRS radios. "Honey, can you read me that clue again..."

quote:
Originally posted by Ddog-N-Ma:

Since we all know Pregnancy is contagious icon_wink.gif, does this mean we are now going to have an outbreak in the forums? icon_eek.gif

Yikes! I sure hope not! That's one thing I hope I NEVER take home from a cache!

About the subject: » Most Pregnant Geocacher? How can someone be more pregnant that someone else? Either you are, or you aren't... icon_wink.gif

25021_1200.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Ddog-N-Ma:

Since we all know Pregnancy is contagious icon_wink.gif, does this mean we are now going to have an outbreak in the forums? icon_eek.gif

Yikes! I sure hope not! That's one thing I hope I NEVER take home from a cache!

About the subject: » Most Pregnant Geocacher? How can someone be more pregnant that someone else? Either you are, or you aren't... icon_wink.gif

25021_1200.gif