New Forum

OK, found where you are SUPPOSED to be able to set the time format... it's part of the date format setting. Didnt think to look there, hehehe. Problem is, even after setting it to AM/PM, the actual threads still show times in 24h format for me.

Other weird thing, my avatar went byebye. Just shows a broken link. I didnt change anything there,and everyone else's avatar displays fine.

Maybe I'm just having a weird day.

I have a link to automatically log me into geocaching.com. When I click Discuss from that page, it brings me to the new forums, but I'm not logged in anymore. At least it SAYS I'm not logged in anymore.

Also, what order are the threads in? If you look at the last message posted date, some entries with March 2002 are way below others with Feb 2002.

> Martin (Magellan 330)

Don't have time to program and record your shows while geocaching? Get a TiVo!

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

OK, found where you are SUPPOSED to be able to set the time format... it's part of the date format setting. Didnt think to look there, hehehe. Problem is, even after setting it to AM/PM, the actual threads still show times in 24h format for me.

Other weird thing, my avatar went byebye. Just shows a broken link. I didnt change anything there,and everyone else's avatar displays fine.

Your avatar looks fine on my end.

I also changed my time preferences with any noticable results. icon_confused.gif

rdw

quote:

I also changed my time preferences with any noticable results. icon_confused.gif

rdw

quote:
Originally posted by rdwatson78:

rdw

Seems to be working now! I give up! I'm just gonna stup complaining and sit and wait.

Or not.

Illegitimus non carborundum!

quote:
Originally posted by rdwatson78:

rdw

Seems to be working now! I give up! I'm just gonna stup complaining and sit and wait.

Or not.

Heheh Looks like I've got some catching up to do to get back up in the number of posts. Glad to see that it kept the old data on registration date, etc. (or maybe that was the registration on Geocaching.com?)

Funky things:

Some of the newest posts not showing up (but I understand that it's converting)

Old posts that don't have anything posted after July showing up as having a post on March 6. (see this thread and where it falls on the General Discussion board.

Markwell

Non omnes vagi perditi sunt

quote:
Originally posted by mrgigabyte:

How come when you hit the "Post Reply" button, the form that is presented includes a field called "Subject"? I would think that this should only appear if you are starting a new thread, not replying to an existing thread.

Because you can have a subject on your post, within a thread, like above.

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy (Admin):

quote:

Because you can have a subject on your post, within a thread, like above.

Yes. Like I just said.

'

Ahhh it all makes sense now. BTW: It appears my city got deleted from my profile during the migration. Is that a bug or a feature?

OK, one more whine (make it a margarita and I'll stop):

The feature to set the forums to display local time is great, but it's not working quite well. If I close my browser, when I return the forums are set back to PST. If I look in my settings, it SAYS its set to EST. If I do nothing but just save the existing settings again, everything is fine.

Sorta.

I set the date to display in am/pm format. The lists of threads do display like that, but the times in the actual thread are still in 24hr format.

Just minor bugs to work out

quote:
Originally posted by geospotter:

Everything looks fine in IE, but black on black in Netscape.

I'm not getting that on 4.79 under windoze, fonts are a little weird, but I can get used to that. Problem I'm having is the popups dont work. Kinda hard to fig out what some do without trying them, and they arent explained in the faq. Guess I gotta load up IE and see what they are.

Oh, and now EVERYONES avatar dissapeared. WEIRDNESS!

quote:

quote:

I'm not getting that on 4.79 under windoze, fonts are a little weird, but I can get used to that. Problem I'm having is the popups dont work. Kinda hard to fig out what some do without trying them, and they arent explained in the faq. Guess I gotta load up IE and see what they are.

+ _Illegitimus non carborundum!_

Check the "black on black" topic. Some people are having trouble with Opera on Solaris

icon_rolleyes.gif so J turned off the avatars.

rdw

quote:

quote:

+ _Illegitimus non carborundum!_

Check the "black on black" topic. Some people are having trouble with Opera on Solaris

icon_rolleyes.gif so J turned off the avatars.

rdw

I'm glad I read this thread before posting a new topic on avatars. I got on just a 1/2 hour ago and there were no avatars being displayed to begin with, so I'm still in the dark on how they even look or where they appear. I'm assuming under the name down the left hand column. I hope the problem gets fixed.

I love all the new features of being able to follow new posts by whoever geocachers you're inerested in following and the notification options. Very nice!

Tyler Slack's Geocaching in Utah

icon_smile.gif With this many buttons, knobs and chrome there must be an owner's manual some place here. I'll be all spring pushing buttons just to see what happens. You sure this forum transformation isn't a conspiricy against us non-computer geeks?

Jeepster

... I'm road kill on the information highway again.

icon_smile.gif With this many buttons, knobs and chrome there must be an owner's manual some place here. I'll be all spring pushing buttons just to see what happens. You sure this forum transformation isn't a conspiricy against us non-computer geeks?

Jeepster

... I'm road kill on the information highway again.