New Forum

quote:
Originally posted by JeepNAz:

Well this must be it Looks Good!

Working on importing all the old content. The old forums will remain online for archival and linking purposes. Let me know if you see anything funky (other than futuristic posts)

Jeremy icon_razz.gif

quote:
Originally posted by JeepNAz:

Well this must be it Looks Good!

Working on importing all the old content. The old forums will remain online for archival and linking purposes. Let me know if you see anything funky (other than futuristic posts)

Jeremy icon_razz.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Harrald:

It seems the "mouse over" on the View members page and reply with quote line is off center. That would be a small bug. Nice look BTW

Ok, anything funky that I *can* fix icon_wink.gif Actually, the style sheet has been going through some updates to make sure it is compatable with most browsers. For instance, the Konqueror browser on Linux still has some issues (I think).

Jeremy

'

quote:
Originally posted by Harrald:

It seems the "mouse over" on the View members page and reply with quote line is off center. That would be a small bug. Nice look BTW

Ok, anything funky that I *can* fix icon_wink.gif Actually, the style sheet has been going through some updates to make sure it is compatable with most browsers. For instance, the Konqueror browser on Linux still has some issues (I think).

Jeremy

'

Several of my posts on the "Locationless Caches (for ALL to enjoy!)" discussion thread in the Unusual forum seem to have been effected by this changeover. In the opening entry, I included a quote, showing where I got the idea from, and then included a whole list of cache links. All but two of them are gone now. icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif (Plus there are a lot of little box things on several of my other posts on that page.

What happened???? icon_confused.gif

Several of my posts on the "Locationless Caches (for ALL to enjoy!)" discussion thread in the Unusual forum seem to have been effected by this changeover. In the opening entry, I included a quote, showing where I got the idea from, and then included a whole list of cache links. All but two of them are gone now. icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif (Plus there are a lot of little box things on several of my other posts on that page.

What happened???? icon_confused.gif

Some of the dates got "funkified".... 2017? 2025? Yikes!

Possibly worse (okay...debatable!) than this temporal distortion is the loss of at least some of this morning's posts. In particular, I've noticed a couple of missing replies in the WEST's, SO.CAL. ANNIVERSARY REUNION topic.

Good luck...and thanks!

FlyingRhino icon_smile.gif

Possibly worse (okay...debatable!) than this temporal distortion is the loss of at least some of this morning's posts. In particular, I've noticed a couple of missing replies in the WEST's, SO.CAL. ANNIVERSARY REUNION topic.

Good luck...and thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by FlyingRhino:

Good luck...and thanks!

We're running imports for all of the topics today. Hopefully it won't take more than a couple of hours to update.

The import is not perfect. Fortunately we have all the old posts in the old site so you can refer back to them. It is certainly better than starting from scratch!

Jeremy

quote:
Originally posted by FlyingRhino:

Good luck...and thanks!

We're running imports for all of the topics today. Hopefully it won't take more than a couple of hours to update.

The import is not perfect. Fortunately we have all the old posts in the old site so you can refer back to them. It is certainly better than starting from scratch!

Jeremy

The upgrade seems to have zapped a whole load of the most recent postings to the UK forum, looks to have rolled back to about yesterday evening.

I'm also having trouble getting at this topic, it keeps vanishing from the topic list, I have to hit reload to get it to appear. Most of the other topics appear consistently.

On a positive note, it's nice being able to use the normal Geocaching login, and only logging in once. icon_smile.gif

Regards,

Richard

The upgrade seems to have zapped a whole load of the most recent postings to the UK forum, looks to have rolled back to about yesterday evening.

I'm also having trouble getting at this topic, it keeps vanishing from the topic list, I have to hit reload to get it to appear. Most of the other topics appear consistently.

On a positive note, it's nice being able to use the normal Geocaching login, and only logging in once. icon_smile.gif

Regards,

Richard

quote:
Originally posted by Richard & Beth:

Richard

We're working on importing the UK forum posts now. They should be up in the next hour or so.

'

Hmmm, if I use the POST A REPLY button at the bottom of the thread (instead of quoting and deleting the quote like i just did) my post seems to go off into nevernever land.

Then there's that time travel thing, as the most recent posts are from 2027 right now. Hope I remember to repy to them in 25 yrs! icon_smile.gif

Hmmm, if I use the POST A REPLY button at the bottom of the thread (instead of quoting and deleting the quote like i just did) my post seems to go off into nevernever land.

Then there's that time travel thing, as the most recent posts are from 2027 right now. Hope I remember to repy to them in 25 yrs! icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy (Admin):

quote:
Originally posted by Richard & Beth:

Richard

We're working on importing the UK forum posts now. They should be up in the next hour or so.

'

Great.

Richard

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

DOH! MY BAD!!!!! Didnt notice my post scrolled off the bottom onto the next page!

In other news, the option to set the time to your local time zone is cool, but weird. I got used to mentally coverting everything to PST

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

DOH! MY BAD!!!!! Didnt notice my post scrolled off the bottom onto the next page!

In other news, the option to set the time to your local time zone is cool, but weird. I got used to mentally coverting everything to PST

More questions:

Any way to change the sort order? I don't see that anywhere yet. Would rather see newest posts 1st, especially on long threads.

Any way to get the time in 12hr format instead of 24hr? Seems to be in 12hr when I post, then 24hr when I read a thread.

I'm sure most of this is just minor bugs, and a matter of getting used to something new.

(Do I have more posts then ClayJar yet? icon_biggrin.gif )

More questions:

Any way to change the sort order? I don't see that anywhere yet. Would rather see newest posts 1st, especially on long threads.

Any way to get the time in 12hr format instead of 24hr? Seems to be in 12hr when I post, then 24hr when I read a thread.

I'm sure most of this is just minor bugs, and a matter of getting used to something new.

(Do I have more posts then ClayJar yet? icon_biggrin.gif )