I was stalked by a gay cruiser

CacheMonkeez

Granted, no one should feel like they are being stalked while geocaching, or anywhere else for that matter, but is use of the word "homo" in a derogatory manner really necessary in your on-line log?

Pan

What does anybody want? I want the Red Sox to win the World Series. - Bill Pullman as Alan Safian in Malice, in response to being asked "What do you want?"

No. It wasn't necessary, just funny.

quote:
Originally posted by Pantalaimon:

Granted, no one should feel like they are being stalked while geocaching, or anywhere else for that matter, but is use of the word "homo" in a derogatory manner really necessary in your on-line log?

Pan

_What does anybody want? I want the Red Sox to win the World Series._ - Bill Pullman as Alan Safian in Malice, in response to being asked "What do you want?"

quote:

I find it telling when groups don't want to be called what they are. If someone called me a "hetero" I wouldn't be offended in the least.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Glad I could remind you.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by hammack:

No. It wasn't necessary, just funny.

Ah, gay-bashing=funny. Sorry, I forgot that rule of comedy.

Pan

_What does anybody want? I want the Red Sox to win the World Series._ - Bill Pullman as Alan Safian in Malice, in response to being asked "What do you want?"

quote:
Originally posted by SamLowrey:

I find it telling when groups don't want to be called what they are. If someone called me a "hetero" I wouldn't be offended in the least.... icon_rolleyes.gif

I don't know if this is the place for this, but I'll bite. I've been locked down enough times in the forums to not really care if I kill another thread with my inappropriate posts.

By your argument above, if you're white and don't mind being called "cracker" or "honkey" or whatever the current derogatory term for white is, does that mean its okay for you to use other derogatory terms for other races? In civilized society it solely YOUR opinion of what is and is not offensive that controls your actions and words, or do the opinions of others, in general, affect what you do or say?

All I'm saying here is that the useage of the term in the log seemed quite derogatory, and while the circumstances in which it was used might have envoked its usage, and perhaps even understandably so, is it appropriate in a public venue? Maybe not.

Pan

What does anybody want? I want the Red Sox to win the World Series. - Bill Pullman as Alan Safian in Malice, in response to being asked "What do you want?"

I’m not homophobic or anything, but homos scare the hell outta me.

I'm sorry, but that is the funniest dadgum thing I've read in a long time!

I don't think we have this kind of problem at our rest areas. That may be because most of the busier ones are patrolled regularly by OHP and most are staffed (at least during the day).

Put that fweakin' sandwich down!

quote:
Originally posted by ScottAS36:

I think they would rather be called queers now.

Ah, I see the problem here. You guys are right, I give up.

I actually had an experience similar to this at a local park. I was attempting to recover some of the legs of a moving cache I created before the law brought down the hammer on moving caches.

ANyway, one of the legs was hidden near a pathway in a more secluded section of the park. When I approached the area, because I knew where the container was hidden from previous maintenance visits, a guy was walking on the path the other way. So, I slowed down as he approached so I wouldn't pass the spot before him.

As we passed each other I saw him staring at me out of the corner of my eye. I choose not to make eye contact. So, after he passed, I was approaching the spot I needed to stop at, so I looked back to see if he was moving on.

Well, he was about 20 feet past me. Stopped. Turned around. Watching me.

I kept moving. I was somewhat familiar with the area, so I kept moving and made the STUPID mistake of taking a left onto a unpaved pathway that I knew circled around. This must have looked to the guy like an open invitation to meet me in the woods.

So, I bolted up the path a bit, looking for a good weapon, then I stopped looking through the brush to see if the guy moved on.

Nope, here he comes up the pathway, so I bolt around in the circle back to the paved pathway, and among other people.

At this point, it seemed I lost him, so I grabbed the container and returned to my car.

I bet he was cursing me out as a "dadgum hetero."

Pan

If there are concerns about safety at a cache site please notify the cache owner and log a 'this cache should be archived' note.

The derogatory comments are not welcome in this forum. Please be respectful of others. You are welcome to make your points in a non-offensive way.

frog.gif hydee frog.gif

I work for the frog