Do you e-mail finders?

Does anyone ever e-mail the finders of their cache just to thank them for taking the time to find it? I've never been e-mailed and dont expect it but thought it might be a neat idea to do. Alot of people have thanked me in their logs for hiding the caches and I thought it would be nice to e-mail them back. What do you think? Just a short note saying your welcome and thanks for the nice comments, hope to hide more soon. Hope you enjoy those too.

"WITHOUT GEOGRAPHY YOU'RE NOWHERE....Jimmy Buffett

I received a thank-you email from the owner of first cache I found (by Indy Diver). I thought that was really cool and have since emailed every finder of each of my caches.

I don't expect, nor do I get emails from most cache owners. I just think it's a nice thing to do.

==============="If it feels good...do it"================

**(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")**

I do email the finders of my caches if they have something interesting to say in the post or to say congrats on my multi since it takes about 2-3 hours to complete. I like to find out more about what they thought, etc.

If it's just one of the smaller & easier caches I've placed and the log is TNLNSL then no, I don't.

I've e-mailed some cachers sometimes even when they log finds on caches I don't own.

If they are new cachers, I'll pop them an e-mail to welcome them to geocaching. If I notice they are handicapped, I'll send them a list of caches suitable for handicapped people. If they have small kids, I may send them a list of child friendly caches. If they are from out of town/country, I'll thank them for stopping by my cache (not others). If they seem frustrated, I'll pop them a line with advice or let them know they can ask me any questions. I will always thank them for visiting my virtual caches.

I think I have too much time on my hands.

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes

On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:

"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --

"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling , The Explorer 1898

Not to congratulate them or thank them, but I will e-mail them if I have a question about something they mentioned in thier log. Usually something about the condition of the cache, or how it was hidden.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

i often get emails from hiders, but i often write long involved logs, so there's more of a conversation. i never get emails when i leave short logs.

and i send emails to people who leave interesting logs, most of the time.

i have a pair of difficult multis about which i receive an average of a half dozen messages a day, informing me of progress, and asking to confirm direction of thought. i respond to all of these promptly.

-====)) -))))))))))))

presta schrader

We got a very nice email from Nurse Dave regarding Classy Cache. Other than that, we've never heard from a cache owner about finding it. We have heard back from cache owners when we had questions regarding a missing cache or similar things.

--------------------

This space for rent! Ask about our easy layaway plan!

I E-mail -ALL- my cache finders, thanking them for for visiting my cache, and welcoming them to visit my other caches - if they liked the one they visit.

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!