Hiking Trails.. Where can I find downloadable routes of trails.

RogofLap

NG Topo has wonderful trails already tracked for you on their we page. Of course you have to have their Topo program to displaye the track and convert it to a route to load it into your GPS.

If you are downloading their trails from areas that you do not have their topo for, you can still convert it to a route and download it into you GPS as a route and then into your PC for display on your GPS mapping program. In this latter case, you don't get all the features of NG but you can still create the routes for you GPS. But you need at least one of NG Topo programs.

ALan

If you have a specific area in mind, you can try posting the question in the forum for your region... I found a lot of trail maps on mountain biking websites in my area. If you're in the Seattle area, I may still have some links.

Also, try a search for the specicfic location with "Trail map" tacked on (e.g. "Banner Forest Trail Map") on Google http://www.google.com

That was actually how I found GeoCaching!