Have you ever...

Criminal

quote:
WE have been known to purchase the odd Happy Meal at Maccas on occaision. Even though we didn't have kids at the time, its' just so we can place the toy in a cache.

YOU'RE THE ONE! We finally caught you!

"An appeaser is one who keeps feeding a crocodile-hoping it will eat him last" -Winston Churchill

No way freak! There's more in life than Geocaching. What's wrong with you?

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

...bought something (funny-looking jar of pickles, cookies in a tin, etc.) primarily because of its potential as a cache container?

Guilty

OK, OK! I've bought ammo 'cause it came with a free ammo box.

mgwhore.gif

39197_2100.gif

Do not extend your expectations unto others, you will not be disappointed by the stupid things they do.

Mokita!

La Voissiegne Candy tin for a micro, but have decided that unless it's a multi, micros are not my style. I figured a fat rubberband around the edge will keep it waterproof. With a spare inside.

And a Harmony Bay coffee can. But decided it might not be waterproof enough. It might rust.

Cache you later,

Planet

I feel much more like I do now than when I first got here.

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

...bought something (funny-looking jar of pickles, cookies in a tin, etc.) primarily because of its potential as a cache container?

I haven't ever done this, but I sure find a lot of these types of wimpy containers used by other geocachers. I use only ammo boxes. They are cheap, stout, well sealed and they are the only way to go as far as I am concerned. There is no reason to use anything else unless you are hiding a micro.

RM

We recently purchased indoor house paint in the new plastic jugs. Once we've used all the paint, we can clean out the jug, cut the inside pouring lip off and it'll make an awsome cache......Now we just have to paint a room....... icon_rolleyes.gif

Children are natural mimics who act like their parents despite every effort to teach them good manners.

quote:
I started buying powdered Gatorade just for the "Gott Cooler" looking containers.

Learned about them on the forums.

I did this too. But I don't care for the powdered Gatorade, so I will soon place a cache in a different container and who knows when the Gatorade one will be empty.

pokeanim3.gif

quote:
Originally posted by The 2 Dogs:

WE have been known to purchase the odd Happy Meal at Maccas on occaision. Even though we didn't have kids at the time, its' just so we can place the toy in a cache.

Dogs

I have never heard of McDonlad's reffered to as Maccas before.

Is that a regional thing?

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Guilty also. The little Altoid Sours tins and others like that are especially cool. I also am constantly on the lookout for larger containers. Sometimes my husband can get some cool stuff from his work with computers. Another one that caught my eye lately are speed loaders for paintball. Looks like they have some possibilities.

"Could be worse...could be raining"

quote:
Originally posted by sbell111:

I bought this tiny little http://www.apexmedical.com/consumer/apcnnitr.htm, but I haven't figured out how to create a tiny, yet usable log. I've considered painting it a number on it or painting it a certain color and requiring email verification, but then it's really just a virt and doesn't make good use of the container.

Perhaps a toothpickwould be of assistance.

Just because you're paranoid DOESN'T mean they're not ALL out to get you.