NEW POLL: When is the lockdown coming?

TEAM 360

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Of course the new forum game is going to be come called just that. "Lockdown" the goal is to get the most posts into a thread you start before it happens.

As fun as that sounds. I won't play. I only post when I FEEL like it.

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

Gays have an inalienable right ot abortions and they should use machineguns. And every Canadian citizen should be required to own at least 2 (machine guns) and 4 handguns.

GUNS!

GUNS!

GUNS!

GUNS!

GUNS!

GUNS!

GUNS!

GUNS!

Thank God, I didn't paste any more of those nasty GUNS! on this post.

There! Recon that oughta get it.

"Freedom is a two-way street."

GDAE, Dave

Verboten, it all depends on who you ask and the type of "gun" he was firing. I know in my earlier days that it was said it was not good. But I also know that some places train with a lot of dry firing. I remember even as way back in high school ROTC that we practiced with dry firing of the M-16 to get the acronym BRAS (pronounced BRASS - Breathe-Relax-Aim-Squeeze) implanted into our thick skulls. I think it's the way of the Army. They even would put a dime on the edges of the front sight and have you go through BRAS. If the dime stayed in place, you did a good job, if not, you need more practice.

But like I stated, I think it will all depend on who you ask.

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump

quote:
Originally posted by ChurchCampDave:

Am I the only one that cannot delete a post? Seems useless to hav e the delete link there if it won't let u do it.

The way I understand it is that you can delete you post when its the first of the thread (If you were the thread creator) but you have to do it within 24hrs of the first posting.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Caching without a clue....

The lockdown is coming.......................................................

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Remember, wherever you go- there you are!

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Remember, wherever you go- there you are!

quote:
Originally posted by Verboten:

Ok, serious gun question. I'm watching "Taxi Driver" and this guy's been dry firing weapons for about the past half hour.

I know jack about handguns, but I was under the impression that dry firing was not a good practice. Anyone?

-Vb

Good film.

It depends on the gun, like Woodsters said. Dry firing is actually a required part of field stripping a Glock.

--

Pehmva!

Random quote:

sigimage.php

As the count stands right now, 67 per cent of people who vote in polls in the forums are wrong. If the thread's still here by the end of today, 80 per cent are wrong.

Next poll, anyone? icon_wink.gif

Bill

-------------------------------

"Ah, take the Cache and let the Credit go..."

The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, trans. Edward Fitzgerald

quote:
Originally posted by Hemlock:

quote:
Originally posted by ChurchCampDave:

Am I the only one that cannot delete a post? Seems useless to have the delete link there if it won't let u do it.

Funny. icon_biggrin.gif That link works for me icon_razz.gif

Enjoy your final weekend, folks. icon_wink.gificon_rolleyes.gif

What are you talking about? icon_wink.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Caching without a clue....

quote:
Originally posted by Verboten:

Ok, serious gun question. I'm watching "Taxi Driver" and this guy's been dry firing weapons for about the past half hour.

I know jack about handguns, but I was under the impression that dry firing was not a good practice. Anyone?

-Vb

Actually dry firing is very good practice. When I was in law enforcement going through rookie school we spent hours doing it before getting to actually pop a cap.

Also if using a hand gun...put a dime on the end of the barrel and practice firing without the dime falling off. It will learn you not to jerk when you pull the trigger.

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

quote:
Originally posted by El Diablo:

...Actually dry firing is very good practice. When I was in law enforcement going through rookie school we spent hours doing it before getting to actually pop a cap.

Also if using a hand gun...put a dime on the end of the barrel and practice firing without the dime falling off. It will learn you not to jerk when you pull the trigger.

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

My 22 pistol says "Don't dry fire" however I've read that center fire type weapons (about anything other than a 22) can be dry fired without harm. This seems to jibe with what El Diablo said.