NY Caches as of Date!

Guest Quinnow

Guest Quinnow

Ok guys, lets do some math here. Ny is one of the most populated states in our country, and with only 53 caches in the entire state something is wrong. For you guys in Ny (except for Ninja Dude) we need to start getting more caches out there. Send some e-mails to friends that might like the sport, contact the papers near you or news stations to get more people involved. I have gotten several people in upstate area into the sport by contacting the news. A few have already logged finds on the site and have e-mailed me saying they are putting together caches now. I would like to hear of any other idea's from fellow yorkers (city or upstate) about what can be done to get more people into the sport or to get more caches out there for people to find!

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest cache_ninja

heh, yeah i was gonna say, 18 in NY isnt enough! (24 caches total at the moment)

if someone wanted to lend me a car, i'd be spreading them all over the state, but alas, most recently they've been in NYC. i share your pain. there are what, 8 million people here? probably under 20 'cachers at most, or so it seems. and there's been plenty of press. i guess we're an elite group....

c/n

[This message has been edited by cache_ninja (edited 03-27-2001).]

Guest Quinnow

Ninja I was on long island about 4 days ago for work and if it wasn't for the fact that I had to head there at moments notice I would have brought my GPS with me to find some of those fancy-dancy caches of yours.

When I got home I looked on the site to see if there would have been any caches near where I was, and I found that there would have been 5 within 20 miles total...bummer!

I was in a town called Long beach...is that near you?

As a matter of fact the first thing that came to my mind besides "thank god I don't live there" was of you hopping roof to roof with your spidey web and GPS in hand.

NYC is wayyy too busy for me. I got stuck in traffic on the rt 295 for well over an hour and moved only 2 miles.

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest cache_ninja

ahh, oh well, next time.

Long Beach, or Long Island for that matter isnt close at all to where i'm at, although there are presently a bunch of caches out there as well...

c/n