Premium vs. Charter Members?

skydiver

So, I'm browsing around peoples profiles (when I should be working), and notice that there's three (3) different types of members on Geocaching.com. (next to the "Status:" on the profile pages.)

There's the "Active Users", which I'm assuming are those that haven't ponied up some cash to support the site yet. I'll also assume there might be some "Inactive USers" out there... but I haven't seen one yet (must be like Bigfoot).

But, then there's " Premium Members" AND " Charter Members". I've always thought the terms were synonomous, but never seen them both used on profile pages. So, what's the diff? Is one paying monthly, vs the other annualy? Or is one also an approver? Or.... _______________?

skydiver-sig.gif

---------------------------------------

"We never seek things for themselves -- what we seek is the very seeking of things."

Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)

"Charter Members" (I think Jeremy originally considered calling them "Supreme Members") are better than "Premium Members," who are better than non-paying members. It's all about degrees of elitism. icon_wink.gif

Now for the real answer:

Charter members became paid members during the first year that option was offered. Premium members became paying members after the first year. (Or after renewing a lapsed charter membership, I understand.)

Sorry I didn't just provide a link, but that would have taken longer to do than just typing this.

quote:
Originally posted by Frolickin:

http://ubbx.Groundspeak.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=5726007311&f=8016058331&m=81860917

Fro.

Geocaching . . . hiking with a purpose

DOH!!!

Thanks. I haven't been Markwelled in quite a while. Feels good. icon_wink.gif

skydiver-sig.gif

"We never seek things for themselves -- what we seek is the very seeking of things."

Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)

HEEEEEY, I should be a Charter Member, but my profile says Premium Member. That's it, I quit this site and I'm putting all my caches up for adoption. Thank you all for many years of fun. I take this action with a heavy heart, as geocaching has been a major part of my life....blah, blah, blah...

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

[This message was edited by BrianSnat on August 15, 2003 at 09:03 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

HEEEEEY, I should be a Charter Member, but my profile says Premium Member. That's it, I quit this site and I'm putting all my caches up for adoption. Thank you all for many years of fun. I take this action with a heavy heart, as geocaching has been a major part of my life....blah, blah, blah...

_"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry_

[This message was edited by BrianSnat on August 15, 2003 at 09:03 PM.]

Ummmm... if yer gonna quit... may I point you in the right direction? icon_wink.gif

Cheers!

TL