Romantic Geocaching Surprise!

Team Shuey

I figured I would share my romantic geocaching adventure with others, and see if anyone else has ever done the same for their wifes/husbands.

The adventure begins....

On Thursday of last week I next-day-aired my GPS to my wifes work so she would recieve it by 10:30 a.m. on Friday. When she opened the package there was a note to tell here to go to a web site that I had prepared earlier, but it wouldn't be available until after 2:30 p.m. When she left work at 4:30 p.m. she had a set of coords, a gps in hand, and a mission to find me! The first set of coords sent her to a flower shop where she went inside, and asked if there was a package for her to pick up. They gave her a single rose, and an envelope that had another set of coords, and a short note that read: "DINNER AT 6 p.m." She arrived on time, and we had a wonderful dinner, but that's not all!! icon_wink.gif

Where the fun really begins...

After we had a wonderful dinner together, I played it off and made out like I had something stuck in my tooth, and needed to run to the restroom to remove it! Once I turned the corner to the restroom.... I WAS GONE! icon_eek.gif (I made arrangements earlier in the day to have the bill prepayed, and the manager was helping set everything up to make this evening possible)

After 3 minutes the waiter approached my wife, and handed her another envelope with a note. The note read: "DO YOU FEEL ALONE? "FIND ME!", "CHECK MAILBOX AT FRONT DESK!", and had another set of coords! She entered the coords, and off driving she went. She drove for sixteen miles to the Sheraton Sand Key Resort in Clearwater, FL. When she arrived she went to the front desk, and they give her another envelope that had a note that stated: "Visit the Main Stay Lounge, and tell them your name!" When she told them her name they made her a Strawberry Daquiry, and gave her another set of coords!

Here is where it gets romantic....

She entered the coords, and it took her to the beach where I was waiting, and just in time for the sunset!

SHUEY IS THE MAN!!!!icon_biggrin.gif

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Favorite Quote: What should you do if you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

quote:
Originally posted by Eswau:

quote:
She entered the coords, and it took her to the beach where I was waiting, and just in time for the sunset!

...and then she sighed, oh no, not another micro cache icon_eek.gif.

(sorry but I just couldn't resist)

E

LET ME GET BACK UP!!! Man, that was a low blow, but I probably would have said the same!

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Favorite Quote: What should you do if you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

quote:

(sorry but I just couldn't resist)

E

Bwaaaahhh haa haa haa!! LMAO!!

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

WoW, great job planning that one out. That is very impressive. I think it would be equally impressive if she was able to the same for you to such a great extent. I know I would love it if my wife could plan something that extensive with gps and clues.

I've often thought about (as I'm sure many have) placing a special gift cache for the wife and going to find it together as though we were hunting any cache have having some great gift just for her in there. I don't think she would get a kick out of it as much as I would. icon_frown.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Caching without a clue....

As a wife of a very romantic guy, I can state that I NEVER appreciate his romantic actions enough. With work, kids etc. the wife and mothers that we are forget to appreciate your thoughtfulness.

I bet you had as much fun planning this, as you did during it! While our kids were at camp my hubby and I geocached some before it got to hot. I enjoyed just being with him outside, walking around. That to me was romantic on its own!

I hope your wife appreciated it. I'm sure she did.

quote:

At least it wasn't a virtual. What did she trade for that micro anyway? icon_razz.gif

(and Congratulations! icon_smile.gif )

That Quack Cacher:

Lone Duck

When you don't know where you're going, every road will take you there.