Vote for your favorite Approver

El Diablo

quote:
Originally posted by Keystone Approver:

El Diablo, if there are names you don't recognize, send me an e-mail and I'll be glad to help. Thanks again for your efforts.

Maybe I should clairfy. I don't doubt the names I never heard of as being Approvers. I just wanted to point out that there are a lot of hard working Appovers out there that we never hear about. Which of course is one of the reasons for this contest.

On the sad side...there are Appovers out there that will not get the votes they deserve because the people they approve caches for never read the fourms.

I know of no remedy for that, besides to say that if your an Appover, 99.9% of cachers really appreciate what you do. The other.1% are....shoot... I can't say that or the Moderators will lock my thread. icon_biggrin.gif

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

quote:
Originally posted by Tahosa and Sons:

One for all and all for One. Now will the Essays on the use of hiking staffs be posted, so we can have something interesting to read.

Tahosa - Dweller of Mountain Tops.

Jeeze, I personaly know this guy and dont get a vote from him icon_frown.gif I am crushed

I work for the QOFE that works for the Frog

tongue.gif The Frog is my friend big_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy:

I can't pick a favorite. I love them all!!!

Amen to that! But I am pretty partial to the MI approvers icon_smile.gif I've had the most beers with them. Oh I wish I were the world traveller I used to be! No wait... staying at home is nice too.

Anway. I give a big hurrah to all the cachers. I owe you ALL a beer if we meet.

--------

trippy1976 - Team KKF2A

Assimilating golf balls - one geocache at a time.

Michigan Geocaching Organization Homepage

Well since I can vote only once icon_mad.gif it will be for *gln. I've traded many a email with him. Never complaining about all my questions and just being a general cache sounding board. He's also been especially helpful with the (words omitted) that doesn't seem to grasp that you need to actually find and fullfill the requirements of a cache to claim a find! icon_frown.gif

On a side note- If I had more votes I'd also vote for Mtn-man and Davros and 9Key and.. Oh wait this isn't the "name the approvers" thread, my bad! icon_razz.gif

Actually, I am voting for NJAdmin with the ONE vote that I'll be casting. NJAdmin extended my invitation to become an approver (in a very special way), got me up to speed on all the details of the approver work, and answered most of my early questions.

|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|

Keystone Approver, Geocaching.com Admin

"Eschewing Entropy and Ensuring Enthalpy in the Groundspeak Forums"

I don't know who all of the approvers are, much less anything about them except for what I read here in the forums. So my vote goes for, err.. well, I dunno!

I dare say most members don't really know enough about the approvers to give a vote.

That Quack Cacher:

Lone Duck

When you don't know where you're going, every road will take you there.

This is such a great idea! Thank you El Diablo!

I just want to say a Big Thank you to a few GREAT Approvers...9Key-Who approved our very first cache--Wood I, Wood I--Thank you!...NCFlyers-Who approved a very special cache--Funny Bone--Thank you!...Erik881-R-Who approved our Long awaited Multi-cache--Dial Out SG1--Thank You! You all approved these caches in a very short time...we were amazed...

But, the Approver who we have to vote for is the one who has really been there for us & answered questions via E-Mail & approved all of our other caches...Thank You UtahAdmin!!! You get our vote. We will send our vote to El Diablo, Hopefully you know how greatly all your work is appreciated.

~Shirley~ of 2oldfarts

quote:
Originally posted by *gln:

!! i got two votes, I got 2 votes !! Thats gonna ruin my reputation.

Thanks guys, (the cash is under a rock, by a tree) :-)

glenn

http://www.MoGeo.com

http://www.GeoStl.com

I assure you it's way more than 2 votes. icon_biggrin.gif

El Diablo

quote:
Originally posted by Lone Duck:

I don't know who all of the approvers are, much less anything about them except for what I read here in the forums. So my vote goes for, err.. well, I dunno!

I dare say most members don't really know enough about the approvers to give a vote.

Might as well throw your vote my way so that you won't feel bad when I don't win.icon_smile.gif

MiGO

Caching with a clue....

9Key you should run for office in Texas...your a shoo in. BTW you were also nominated for President.

I've been so over whelmed with votes I'm going to modify it to the top 10 Approvers. With the top 2 essays winning Hiking Staffs.

The voting seems to have died somewhat. So I'll annouce the top 10 tomorrow with the dead line to submit their essays.

El Diablo

Vote for your favorite Geocaching Approver ... <snip> ... The vote ends November 1st. After that the 3 winners have 1 week to summit a essay.

Note the dates.

How did this pan out in the end?

Yeah, the thread has "expired" but still isn't so bad to say something nice about the admins.

OK... something nice, here goes... uh... ok, ready?

hmmm... uh.... um, :D

Just kidding. I can't decide who my favorite is. I vote for all of them.

Vote for your favorite Geocaching Approver ... <snip> ... The vote ends November 1st. After that the 3 winners have 1 week to summit a essay.

Note the dates.

How did this pan out in the end?

In the end it was 9Key, UMC and Honeychile. Although from the votes they recieved they were all winners.

El Diablo

Thanks so much, El Diablo! This was a very cool - and fun - idea.

JMBella, wow: it's funny that you chose to assume that I was being negative in my post (I think that you assumed that I did not want anyone to say anything nice about the approvers). I was simply being curious about the results.

Thanks so much, El Diablo! This was a very cool - and fun - idea.

JMBella, wow: it's funny that you chose to assume that I was being negative in my post (I think that you assumed that I did not want anyone to say anything nice about the approvers). I was simply being curious about the results.

Wow, it's funny that you chose to assume that i chose to assume that you were being negative. :lol: I didn't assumed that you didn't want anyone to say anything nice about the approvers. Total misunderstanding, sorry 'bout that. I totally got your post for how it was meant I was simply adding to it. It's easy to see how things get heated in the forums sometimes. :o

UMC! He is the best approver I have ever met. And the only one I have ever met. He is an active member/and coordinator in MIGO. He sacrafices a lot of his time and effort into this sport and I think he should be recongnized for his efforts. Besides, I feel sorry for him a bit. I think all the stress of being a approver has given him a few gray hairs. (shhhhh) :lol: j/k He's a great guy.

Ken

Definitely Professor Utonium -er- Keystone. Because of his iron-willed refusal to degrade the august institution of g01.gifeocaching with any form of levity.

NJ Admin a close second for the same reason.

Wow, thanks! Always glad to share the limelight with KA, but I do have to wonder why? I think the total extent of moderating I've ever done in the forums consisted of deleting a few spam posts and one thread insulting everyone in a region because their sports team lost to the topic originator's. I guess the send me $1 and add your email address to the bottom of the list posts might have been fun if I left them.

I'm glad to see everyone still supporting their Approvers. Keep it up. They can always use the support.

However....PLEASE....I'm begging you....do not send me anymore votes! The contest is over as far as winning the hiking staff. I promise to do something else for them in the future, but this one is done.

Please keep singing their praises here in this thread. Just don't email me votes. :lol:

El Diablo

i'll suck up...mtn-man...but why wasn't this put into a pole??

When I originally started this thread I didn't want a poll. I didn't want to see just numbers. I wanted to hear and wanted the rest of the Geocaching members to hear just what a great job these volunteer Approvers do.

The contest was fun, but it had other purposes besides winning one of my hiking staffs. It let people know just how hard the Approvers worked, and it let the Approvers know just how much they mattered.

I think the whole contest raised the awareness level of both the cachers and the Appovers on how much they impact one another.

El Diablo