GeoCache Patch by State Are you interested?

wretsub

Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of working with the Geocache people in putting together a Geocache Patch per state.

I was thinking this would be a great cache item or something to wear on a jacket to show all the different states that a person found a cache.

At this point, I am interested to know what people think.

The patch would be the Geocache Logo with the state in the background..

Thanks for all your input!

icon_biggrin.gif

Wretsub

Angel Pockets Embroidey

"Our Stitches are Heavenly!!"

wretsub@hotmail.com

quote:

I was thinking this would be a great cache item or something to wear on a jacket to show all the different states that a person found a cache.

Why be so US-centric?

There are 119 countries that, as I write, have caches in them... so why stop at the US?

OK, the demand won't be as great, but I expect those patches would be hugely popular in Europe (UK in particular) and other countries where nations are relatively close to one another.

Just MHO.

------

O God, I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Hamlet, II.2 252-253

quote:
Originally posted by welch:

im not sure i would want a patch collection....

ive only found in 2 states so far, but what would i do with 5 different patchs, let alone 40 or 50!! icon_eek.gif

Did you ever see those felt "Friendship Pin" banners/pennants that were a fad among young girls a couple of years back? You could affix them to something like that, or you could make yourself a sash like the boy/girlscouts wear.

Me? I'd velcro them to the sunvisor of my cachemobile.

quote:

ive only found in 2 states so far, but what would i do with 5 different patchs, let alone 40 or 50!! icon_eek.gif

Then leave the patches for someone who wants one, and trade for something else.

I have packpack for geocaching. I'd sew any patches I trade for on to my backpack.

Anyhoo, Sailors in the US Navy do simular things. I've seen people use backpack but the most popular is a jacket. They will get a patch from each port they visit and sew it on the back or down the sleaves of a jacket (or the cheat and buy one at the ships store).

- Lone Rangers

quote:
Originally posted by clatmandu:

quote:

Get a bigger backpack for caching! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

LOL icon_biggrin.gif

band2.gif

bang.gif

bonk.gif

whack.gif

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

Did you ever see those felt "Friendship Pin" banners/pennants that were a fad among young girls a couple of years back? You could affix them to something like that, or you could make yourself a sash like the boy/girlscouts wear.

Me? I'd velcro them to the sunvisor of my cachemobile.

no, i didnt see those pins, and as for the sash, thats my point i wouldnt make something like, but it seems many of you would. icon_razz.gif

band2.gif

bang.gif

bonk.gif

whack.gif

I would love to get a patch for each state I cache in...though chances are those would only be the surrounding states...I don't travel far. I'd definately need one for Oregon, where I live, and Washington where I vacation often...maybe California, if I ever get down there, and probably Alaska, as well as Victoria and Vancover BC. I'd love to put them on my pack.

ummmm....not sure what to say here....so ummm, well errrr, uhhhh, well I guess that's it.

Count me in for Oregon!! Perhaps if people were interested in collecting the patches there would be a way in the forums to accomplish that?

I know personally my chances of geocaching in any other country would be 'pretty slim to none'... but I would LOVE to be able to acquire patches from other countries. icon_wink.gif

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers (1879-1935)