Extreme Geocaching Groups

tooman

I'm interested in writing an article about extreme geocaching. I'm new to this, but have heard there are groups that take geocaching to an extreme, planting caches that require rapelling or other extra measures to get to them. Anyone who has information on this phenomenon anywhere in the country, I would love to hear from them.

thanks!

There are these guys from Western NC. Although I have not found one of their caches...I have read the logs from the caches they have placed...I believe they live up to the EXTREME title.

Forgive my limited computer skills...here is the link for CrotalusRex's website....it gives bios for those crazy guys (I speak with admiration) and a way to contact them.

http://www.geocities.com/snakemusic/TSMExT.html

-Sushi of the fisherKings

In Utah We Have the Utah Association of Geocachers. This a great bunch of cachers. We are playing a fun caching game Called the Cache-u-nuts Game. We score points for finding Numbered Game pieces hidden in caches. A player must Find and remove a game piece from A cache, then log its removal, Place it into a different cache then log its placement on the Cache-u-nuts Game web site. In order to be competitive this requires Watching the website to find when a piece has been placed then RUNNING after the game piece often in the middle of the night to find the game piece.

Feel free to visit the website and see who is the biggest Nut in Utah http://www.cachunuts.com/newlook/leaders.asp