A Thank You Gift for All (long)

I want to thank everyone here and at geocaching.com for giving me a wonderful hobby. My wife and I now spend many weekends together in the area's most beautiful places.

In an attempt to find some sort of "new" cache trinkets I came across temporary tattoos. I checked with Jeremy to see if it was OK to use the geocaching logo, and after some discussions he gave me his blessing. So I ordered 1,000 (minimum order).

Here's the "Thank You" part. I won't use 1,000 of them. So I've sent 200 to Jeremy (Thank You, Jeremy), I'll keep 200 for caches, and I am offering the remainder (free) to the geocaching community. I will send a couple to any cacher that sends me a Self-Addressed-Stamped-Envelope (no stamp = no tattoos) until they run out.

I am NOT taking names for some database. NO listings will be made. NO information will be stored. I'll open the envelope, drop in a couple tattoos, and throw it back in the mail. I promise. Those with tin-foil hats can just use "RESIDENT" if it makes you feel comfortable.

The tattoos are FDA approved. Your kids will love them. Heck, I love them! They should last for weeks and can be removed with rubbing alcohol or baby oil.

It's my way of promoting the sport that I love and thanking all of you for your help, your lively discussions, and your friendship.

Send your SASE to my software company's address --

(Address removed -- tattoos are all gone.)

No need for a note. I'll know what it's for.

I hope you enjoy them,

geospotter

[This message was edited by geospotter on March 25, 2002 at 08:48 AM.]

[This message was edited by geospotter on March 25, 2002 at 09:31 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by The Artful Dodger:

I am looking for a small geocaching logo sticker (2in x 2in approximately). I just need one for an upcoming cache I am planning.

Dodger,

I don't know what your plans are for the sticker, but I just applied one of these tattoos to the side of my monitor. Looks great! I'm sure that they could be scratched off if someone took the time, but they seem pretty weatherproof. Give one a try. (Now I've got to go get some rubbing alcohol....)

geospotter

quote:
Originally posted by The Artful Dodger:

I am looking for a small geocaching logo sticker (2in x 2in approximately). I just need one for an upcoming cache I am planning.

Download the logo from the site, and put it on a Avery label using word. I've done that quite a few times. The shipping labels should do nicely.

Markwell

Non omnes vagi perditi sunt

Thanks for thinking of us, geospotter! Wish I had something to send in return ... but since your address is posted here, perhaps you'll get your own surprise in the mail sometime icon_smile.gif (We've got a cache trinket in the works, come to think of it -- now I have the inspiration to finish up!)

Hope it's okay that I'm sending two envelopes -- one on behalf of my geocaching buddy, who almost never reads the forums ... what a surprise it will be to get caching tattoos in the mail!

p.s. There are two kids at my house -- plus me!

Thanks again for thinking of us. I agree; the geocaching community really is pretty cool, isn't it

Thanks for thinking of us, geospotter! Wish I had something to send in return ... but since your address is posted here, perhaps you'll get your own surprise in the mail sometime icon_smile.gif (We've got a cache trinket in the works, come to think of it -- now I have the inspiration to finish up!)

Hope it's okay that I'm sending two envelopes -- one on behalf of my geocaching buddy, who almost never reads the forums ... what a surprise it will be to get caching tattoos in the mail!

p.s. There are two kids at my house -- plus me!

Thanks again for thinking of us. I agree; the geocaching community really is pretty cool, isn't it

Has anyone tried the temp tattoo paper for inkjet printers? I'm assuming you'd print a mirror image and then the ink would be between your skin and the tattoo material.

They probably wouldn't be as good as these professionally produced ones, but it still might be a neat idea.

Greg

N 39°54.705'

W 77°33.137'

quote:
Originally posted by gnbrotz:

Has anyone tried the temp tattoo paper for inkjet printers? I'm assuming you'd print a mirror image and then the ink would be between your skin and the tattoo material.

They probably wouldn't be as good as these professionally produced ones, but it still might be a neat idea.

Greg

N 39°54.705'

W 77°33.137'

We just picked up the paper, but haven't tried it yet. We'll let you know how it works.

"No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai

quote:
Originally posted by Chooch:

Thanks Geospotter. That was pretty fast turnaround. They look great.

Glad you like them. These things stick to just about anything! I've added them to the outside of some micro-cache containers. They look like they were printed on the containers during manufacture.

Many have already gone out. I hope you all enjoy them. Thanks to all who have sent me samples of their items. They are great!

The tattos are going fast. (Maybe we could convince Jeremy to offer them for sale.)

geospotter

Since Jeremy has already given this item his blessing, perhaps interested cachers could get together and split the minimum order (5 cachers @ 200 tatoos each?)

Geospotter, could you provide the company's info for other interested parties? How did you provide the design to them? Do you think they would have it "on file" for another order?

Thanks!

Greg

N 39°54.705'

W 77°33.137'

Greg,

Jeremy gave me his blessing for one order. I appreciate his allowing me to do it, so I would like to honor his wishes.

If he says we can order more great! The layout is on file with the company.

But rather than trying to split the bill, if Jeremy offered them on his site we could all order reasonable quantities and Jeremy could make a few bucks.

Let's see what Jeremy thinks of the idea.

geospotter

The temp tattoos arrived yesterday. They are great and thank you very much icon_biggrin.gif !!

I agree wholeheartedly with previous posts that suggest Jeremy (or perhaps another entity) consider making them available for purchase. A simple, relatively inexpensive item that kids of a certain age - and some adults too - will really get a kick out of when they find them in a cache. The fact that they will affix to other surfaces introduces all kinds of other possibilities too.

BGunner01

Blair, NE

The temp tattoos arrived yesterday. They are great and thank you very much icon_biggrin.gif !!

I agree wholeheartedly with previous posts that suggest Jeremy (or perhaps another entity) consider making them available for purchase. A simple, relatively inexpensive item that kids of a certain age - and some adults too - will really get a kick out of when they find them in a cache. The fact that they will affix to other surfaces introduces all kinds of other possibilities too.

BGunner01

Blair, NE

The tattoos arrived today! They are terrific. This was very generous of you and I wish to thank you for sharing this with the rest of us. I will be saving them for my daughter's birthday in April. She will no dought get a great kick out of then. (I do intend to save at least one for me too! icon_biggrin.gif )Thanks again.

The tattoos arrived today! They are terrific. This was very generous of you and I wish to thank you for sharing this with the rest of us. I will be saving them for my daughter's birthday in April. She will no dought get a great kick out of then. (I do intend to save at least one for me too! icon_biggrin.gif )Thanks again.

I am happy that everyone seems to enjoy the tattoos.

Receiving your envelopes and notes was like shaking hands with each of you, and it was a pleasure. I only wish I had more to give away. Each day, along with the bills and the junk mail, there were "gems". Each one brightened my day.

With all of the nice notes that I received, and the wonderful posts like the ones above, I definitely received much more than I gave, and I thank you.

Now be honest, are any of you actually thinking of putting them in a cache? (I didn't think so.)

quote:
Originally posted by geospotter:

I want to thank everyone here and at geocaching.com for giving me a wonderful hobby. My wife and I now spend many weekends together in the area's most beautiful places.

Geospotter,

I got the tats in the mail today, they're great. Thanks. I think they will make a great addition to some of my caches.

Bluespreacher

Geospotter--

Got my tattoos today too. Great idea and I tried one on my wife and got rid of the butterfly. icon_smile.gif .

This could sure open up possibilities for other ideas such as a Geocaching logo for local groups, customized ones for a cacher to leave when finding or placing a cache, etc.

Thanks for the idea and sharing.

Rich