What's up with your avatar?

Jamie Z

My passion is yakkin and I am always visited by a host of dragonflies while on the water. It has become an interesting side light to my journeys to note how many different families I find.

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten LOST!!

My last name's Hoover. I needed an avatar, so I did a web search. I found lots of sweepers, but when I found a supposed bigfoot with a Hoover sweeper, I knew I'd found my avatar.

The sad thing is, I can't find the website anymore. All I remember is that it was a Texas site about bigfoot sightings.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

I guess it is not too hard for anyone to figure out mine. LOL. This one came to be to fit my screen name. My screen name came to be because of a lack of creativity when I joined GeoCaching. WVAK47 was my screen name in my old AOL days, it is what I went by on AIM. I took it then because I had just picked up my newest toy at the time (Polytech Legend).

After being asked a few times what my screen name meant I figured this one would take the guess work out of it. I took a pic of an AK from the web and colored it Blue and Gold (State Colors).

Again just a lack of creative energy when I joined. icon_wink.gif

The Important Things Are Always Simple and The Simple Things Are Always Hard.

I also don't have a clue how to post a picture of our previous avatars.

Our first avatar was the Star Gate with some Jafa in front of it. The second was also from the Star Gate series (I'm a big fan of that si-fi series). The third was me with my foot on a rock with our team name printed on it.

Our current avatar came about when our son who got married Dec 14th came back from his honeymoon at Disney World with the Mickey & Minie dolls that he just had to get because they reminded him of us caching. So I added the rock with the team name and the little container that looks like an ammo can.

$1000 Bill geocaching is living in a 30 foot circle

The name came first for us. We admire carvings made from the Monkeypod aka the Rain Tree (Samanea saman). We also like to watch pods of Orca, and we love "hanging" out in the woods. The name seemed to just fit some how. When I found the the picture of the two apes hanging out together, having a good time and generally enjoying the day, I knew I had a match. The first pictures I found were too small and wound up as a 3/8 inch by 3/8 inch mini avatars. I found a bigger one and hope it fills out the whole avatar box.

I was at Meramec Spring in Missouri with an underwater camera. I bought a handful of Trout Chow and coaxed these big devils really close, then tossed in the whole handful and stuck the camera underwater and snapped this pic. The trout in the center of the pic would probably weigh in around 15 or so lbs and there are 6 more in the shot around the same size.

When GPSr's are outlawed, only Outlaws will have GPSr's.