Lil'Cachin' Buddies?

CYBret

I started this thread a year ago today....man...what a quick year!

Here's Connor just a few minutes ago, enjoying Daddy's chair on his first birthday.

cc-1bday-b.jpg

As far as caching goes, he's only mastered the "sit in the car with Mommy until Daddy gets back" part. His oldest sister has her own account and the 2 year old has been on one cache hunt with me.

How about your little cache partners? Got some pictures to share or stories about taking your kids on hunts?

Bret

39219_2500.gif "The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

Happy Birthday CONNER!!!! Time flies when you are having FUN...

We don't have a offspring to cache with. icon_frown.gif Unless you consider our 3 year old Yorkshire Terrier!

AND, Where is Conner's GPSr?

Bob ~

Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese...

Isn't the best way to save face to keep the lower part shut?...Stephen Wright

Below is a picture of 'the Small-fry' at my 100th cache back in April. She probably has gone on half my cache hunts (lots more than my other half [meaning husband], by the way). She and I now have matching khaki cargo pants (my best caching related accessory purchase to date), which she calls her "searching pants". She knows when we get dressed up that we will be going "treasure hunting" She is 4 now and has just started pre-school, so now I try to dash out and nab a quick local cache or two while she is at school, as she is NOT always a wiling participant. She is often more interested in the sticks and rocks than looking for the cache, but I always allow her to pick out what she wants from the cache, hoping that she will turn out to be a real "cache hound". I have cut myself out of the picture so that your monitors don't break.

(That's her on my avatar, by the way)

d4f3333c-c5ce-47b0-b305-2160320a0600.jpg

"Could be worse...could be raining"

Well, not all of the Lil'Cachin' Buddies have such a great cachin' attitude. ohh.gif

This photo was taken by Planet of my little darlin' when out caching in NY. In case you were thinking, so he was grumpy for a moment...no, he is grumpy whenever geocaching is mentioned. sad.gif

cute.gif hydee cute.gif

I work for the frog

Please don't throw sand when playing in the sandbox!

our daughters have gone caching with eroyd for nearly as long as he has been a member. Here we are on a hunt last year. Valerie spotted the cache in the tall grass from daddy's shoulders.

BTW how do you get the image to load up?

"Thank you for calling Mom's Travel Service. Guilt Trips our specialty. Where would you like to go today?"

Here's a pic of me with my son when he was littler than me at our 4th cache...

17891_600.jpg

and this is us at cache #100 back in October last year.

652475_300.jpg

Now at 13 years old he's bigger than me and I can only drag him to the caches with some kind of novelty... tough hide, tough terrain.. his favorite is come back with me when I log a DNF to show up mom.

Here's my caching buddy, BigD. Dalton is 5 and his little brother, Nathan is 2. We carried Nathan once when placing a cache and it was pretty fun to be out with both my boys. Searching is a different story, though. To find a cache, Dalton and I have to drive at least an hour away... Nathan, I'm afraid, wouldn'f find the caching worth the drive time.

Cache1-Dbl_Rainbow-small.jpg

This is our very first cache find!

quote:
Originally posted by btouch:

Here's my caching buddy, BigD. Dalton is 5 and his little brother, Nathan is 2. We carried Nathan once when placing a cache and it was pretty fun to be out with both my boys. Searching is a different story, though. To find a cache, Dalton and I have to drive at least an hour away... Nathan, I'm afraid, wouldn't find the caching worth the drive time.

This is our very first cache find!

Been there, HID THAT. BigD - Looking like a professional! icon_cool.gif

Bob ~

Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese...

Isn't the best way to save face to keep the lower part shut?...Stephen Wright

quote:
Originally posted by cachew nut:

Nice picture Seneca. You are kind of tall and slim. Your avatar picture reminds me of John Candy, and I always had a picture of you in my mind as a short chubby kind of guy icon_smile.gif

I've always been a skinny runt (I was wearing a "puffy" coat in my avatar picture - maybe its about time I change it)

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me. geol4.JPG

My cachin' buddy is 8 months old today. She went on her first cache at around 1 month old, even though she did wait in the car with Mom...

jessa-6mo2.jpg

jessa28.jpg

(note the frog outfit...)

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"