Login Problem (Help)

I found that I had to click login, fill in my username and pass on the Geocaching form, submit it (which brings me back to the forums and appears to have me not logged in), and click "Login" again (although perhaps hitting refresh would work... didn't try it). If I did that (basically, clicked "Login" a second time), it worked fine.

quote:
Originally posted by Hawk-eye:

I also went to the old forum and deleted the cookies ... came back ... logged in ... but if I leave and come back ... I'm not logged in until I hit the Loggin twice ... anyone have the same problem or is it a problem ... IE 6.0 by the way.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/348_1002.gif

I had to go directly to the cookie file on the HD and start deleting to get things to finally work. This is gonna take a day or two to figure out. Anyway when I first logged on I saw Avatar pictures under the user names now I don't, Including mine. Anyone know what happened or what my problem could be?

Enjoy the Outdooors.

BrownMule

quote:
Originally posted by BrownMule:

Anyway when I first logged on I saw Avatar pictures under the user names now I don't, Including mine. Anyone know what happened or what my problem could be?

In the "Black on Black" thread, Jeremy stated that he had to turn off avatars due to display issues some users were experiencing with some browsers on some OSs.

Jon (Moun10Bike)

N 47° 36.649', W 122° 3.616'

My Geocaching Home Page

Note: Running IE 5.5 on Win98SE

It has become a major frustration to get logged into these forums to make posts. I spent over 20 minutes tonight bouncing around the login screens. It went something like this:

Found a post I wanted to reply to. Clicked 'Reply', got bounced to the main geocaching.com login screen. Logged in, no errors reported, now found myself on the main Forums screen, no onger in the General forum, and no longer in the thread I wanted to reply to. Also, at the top of the screen, it reported I was not logged in still.

Drilled back down to the thread I wanted to reply to, clicked on reply, and went right back to the main login screen, where even that screen said I wasn't logged in. Logged in again, bounced back to the main forum screen, it still said I was not logged in. I clicked on that screen's 'Login' link, bounced back to the main login screen, logged in, bounced back to the main forum screen, which still said I was not logged in.

As I said, this went on for 20 minutes or so. This is alos not the first time I've had this problem. Its been repeated since the new forums went up with the integrated login, and I've done it from 5 different computers, some at home, some at work. Once I get the thing to finally say I'm logged in, things work fine. But I can't really be expected to bounce around and re-login 15 times, am I?

Please help...

Member:

banner-small.gif