The Force

Absolutely! In fact, most times when we're out hunting, Darrell (DH) commands the GPS unit and gets us to somewhere in the vicinity of the cache and I have no other choice but to use The Force. And I'm smug enough to say that at least half the time it works for me!

Pretty much every time. Once I lock down the immediate area GPS goes back in my pack and I begin my search of the area. As I have posted in other threads, my Etrex seems useless once I am within about 50-75 feet of a cache, so once I hit the general area, I use the force.

There is no try....Do.......or do not.

From a cache entry in November 2001:

Mrs. Dragon likes to use The Force when cache hunting. When we get close, she doesn't care about coords or descriptions, she hunts by feel and is pretty good at it.

When hunting this cache, she was hunting on one side and the other two of us were on the other. She finally sat down, frustrated, and I came over and asked where the force was telling her to look. "No where" was her response. I reached down and not three feet away from her was the cache. icon_wink.gif

From a cache entry in November 2001:

Mrs. Dragon likes to use The Force when cache hunting. When we get close, she doesn't care about coords or descriptions, she hunts by feel and is pretty good at it.

When hunting this cache, she was hunting on one side and the other two of us were on the other. She finally sat down, frustrated, and I came over and asked where the force was telling her to look. "No where" was her response. I reached down and not three feet away from her was the cache. icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Force? There is a force to draw on? If this kept me from looking under 99 of the only 100 rockpiles in the vicinity befor finding the cache under the 100th rockpile, I'd like to tap into that puppy. I swear I have the anti force with me. Good thing I'm ususally with other people.

I usually use The Force, but it doesn't work if the cache owner places a Romulan Cloaking Device in the cache. (I know, different universes...)

25021_1200.gif

[This message was edited by Web-ling on March 18, 2002 at 07:01 PM.]

I think it was my 3rd cache. I was in tree cover (yes the trees were bare) and my e-trex was giving me fits. I could not find the cache! Finally Yoda whispered in my ear to use the force. It put me in the right direction and I found it. Checked my GPSr and was about 80' off. icon_biggrin.gif

inceptor

the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys

I think it was my 3rd cache. I was in tree cover (yes the trees were bare) and my e-trex was giving me fits. I could not find the cache! Finally Yoda whispered in my ear to use the force. It put me in the right direction and I found it. Checked my GPSr and was about 80' off. icon_biggrin.gif

inceptor

the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys