Favorite Time Of The Year To Cache

I would have to say fall! Though it is a tough decision between fall and spring.

What I like about spring is the feeling of life being renewed. It's a great time to spot some wildlife.

What I like about fall is less bugs, The tree's turning colors, and less rain(=less mud).

-PewterZ

I sort of lean toward the days between January 1st and December 31st ... any other time just doesn't feel right for cache hunting ... icon_biggrin.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------

Co-founder of the "NC/VA GEO-HOG ASSOCIATION"

... when you absolutely have to find it first!

I have to agree with Hawk-eye but I would include the end dates also.

quote:
Originally posted by Hawk-eye:

I sort of lean toward the days between January 1st and December 31st ... any other time just doesn't feel right for cache hunting ... icon_biggrin.gif

Doodad

Been there, Logged that, Got the T-shirt

Winter has my vote! The views of the forest may not be as spectacular as when there are leaves on the trees, but that generally means that a satellite lock is easier to keep.

Around here, winter is also the time of year when the mosquitoes, snakes, and other assorted treacherous wildlife aren't quite so abundant. icon_smile.gif

Been at it since December...

Winter has definitely been the easiest. As spring comes in, so does the undergrowth, snakes, other snacking animals and the RAIN. Lots and LOTS of rain.

I would assume that my favorite time would be Fall/Winter/Spring, pretty much in that order. All though, since I am caching with somewhat regularity even now, I am adjusting to the wicked Summer just around the corner.

Interesting note: Since aboout early April, activity at all my caches has dropped significantly.

---------------

wavey.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

quote:
Originally posted by geovamp:

I don't have a favorite time of the year myself let me know yours and Why? icon_smile.gif

I'd have to say winter. No mosquitoes. Good GPS reception because of the minimal tree cover. The cold wasn't that bad and there was enough snow once to go snowshoeing for a cache.