Longest WITHOUT logging a find?

I was just checking in here, noticing all the polls that have cropped up, and started wondering what is the longest any "active" cacher has gone without logging any finds. I went on a hunt on December 8, and have not been out since. If the weather holds, I may go out tomorrow and introduse yet another friend to our hobby, however. I guess that would make it 91 days since my last hunt. Anyone else top that?

bunkerdave

6327_1600.gif

"what is the longest any "active" cacher has gone without logging any finds"

It seems that the answer would depend onthe definition of 'active'. When does a geocacher become an 'inactive' cacher?

Depending on where one lives and the number of caches available, it seems like 3 mongths is a long time.

I had this to say back on November 3rd of last year...

"I had such a good time caching today with Casey; we set a goal to have 100 finds by Christmas. I'm not too sure if we can do it or not. The weather and my job play big roles. I just feel this gives us a little more ambition. Plus we have nothing to lose except a little weight. LOL"

We have 87 finds on navicach and 62 finds over here. The numbers really doesn't matter much to us, but my son Casey is getting very excited because the temperature is going to reach 50 degrees by this Sunday. It's been 3 months for us without a find. Now that the temperature is going out of the single digits, we wll be reaching 100 finds soon.

P.S. I forgot we found one on January 14, 2003

so it's only been a month and a half. icon_biggrin.gif

Duane

Upinyachit

icon_smile.gif

Our feet go where the caches are! feet.gif

[This message was edited by upinyachit on March 10, 2003 at 04:32 AM.]

Well, I consider myself an "active" cacher considering the amount of time I spend on this website and reviewing all my GPS stuff however, I have not logged a cache since July 4, 2002. icon_frown.gif Due in part to not having many around AND contracting the Big "C" in September. That basically has grounded me until about two weeks ago. Now I hope to get back into the field as my strength returns. icon_smile.gif

I went 142 days between my first find (9/25/2000) and my second (2/14/2001). I considered myself "active" during that time, but there simply weren't many caches around my area (see here). My first find was about a 60 mile drive from my house, and at that time was the closest cache to me. At the time of my second find, there were only 6 caches within an hour drive, but activity levels were already showing signs of explosive growth.

Nowadays, I go through withdrawal if I go more than 2 days without a find! icon_biggrin.gif

icon_geocachingwa.gif

and then after that, 21 days between April and May of 2002.

I set a personal goal of 1 a week, which seems to keep me somewhat sane and happy. Any more than 2 weeks without a find and I start to get antsy.

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

Since we started caching on July 5th, 2002 we've had 66 days where we didn't find a cache. Of course, this is different statistic from the one asked, but I thought it was interesting. If you subtract 66 from the number of days we've been caching (247) you get 181. So that means on the days we do go caching, we are averaging 4.79 caches. icon_smile.gif Numbers are fun. icon_wink.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

I was afraid of what I would find but I went and looked anyway I have gone two times for six days without finding a cache. While I was looking there has only been one month since I started caching that I did not hide one ……..JOE

Caching for Life or Divorce which ever comes first

We found most of the close and easy caches in our first week. While we did search for more, we lost our GPS (actually, I think the babysitter stole it). We didn't find any between 04/29/2002 and 11/08/2002 (I bought a new GPS for hunting season). I remained active on the forums even though I couldn't go out and find any caches.

--------------------------------------------

This signature line intentionally left blank

I need my caching fix! Can't go more than a couple days without going! If there's a candidate for Geocaching Anonymous...it's me. I just did an excel spreadsheet of my finds for teh last year and basically I'm averaging 1.2 caches a day. It's probably a good thing that I'm not living in cache-dense California! I read an earlier post about someplace south of Sacramento that had 900 caches within a hundred miles or something like that.

quote:
Originally posted by evergreenhiker!:

It's probably a good thing that I'm not living in cache-dense California! I read an earlier post about someplace south of Sacramento that had 900 caches within a hundred miles or something like that.

Don't freak out, but the cache count for 100 mile radius around Milpitas, Ca is 2116! icon_eek.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"