Who here owns a Volkswagen?

Bahnburner

my last two VW's were a VW squareback and then a Rabbit. I no longer own VW's. But hey, what was the question? And who's Jim?

Cache you later,

Planet

"To err is human, to forgive....$5.00"

[This message was edited by Planet on January 07, 2003 at 01:54 PM.]

1992 Cabriolet here. Rabbits hop through the woods great to find caches. Im a little upset b/c I hurt two of the stickers on my car scaping ice off the windows. One was a geocaching window decal. It looked so cool as the sun set casting that logo onto my seats in shadow. Hope to trade up for another one. The other was a driver found sticker.

Happy caching!

1961 Volkswagen DUNE BUGGY.... Ultimate in cache machines..... Currently its in a hundred pieces for restoration, but it will be done for summer cache season....

Dale

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm Diagonally Parked, In A Parallel Universe.

--------------------------------------------------------

w/ a few mods of course (Chipped, Suspension, Exhaust, etc. etc.) icon_wink.gif

ClubB5 is great, I love the group buys!!!

Way back in the days when the grass was still green

and the pond was still wet

and the clouds were still clean,

and the song of the Swomee-Swans rang out in space...

one morning, I came to this glorious place.

I have previously owned a 68 beetle, two 74 super beetles, a 67 deluxe microbus (my favorite - still miss it), a rabbit and currently drive an 88 silver Vanagon. My Shoebox name came from an old VW microbus advertisement, in which they took a shoebox, trimmed, cut and painted it to look just like a microbus. The caption under the picture was "Got a Lot To Carry? Get a Box.

Shoebox.

Ps. what state are you from just in case you do the Volkswagen cache?

'02 Jetta Wagon turbo here. Not a rough road vehicle at all. I have the sport package. I can't even clear parking bumpers! icon_smile.gif

I had an Audi TT before this. I love the engineering and the luxury of these cars, but build quality could be better. Really my Jetta is a helluva lot better built than my TT, but driving a TT is like caching in bright yellow spandex. Everyone turns to look. Gotta admit I didn't hate that part.

I do enjoy my Jetta Variant.

Peace, love and VW forever...

Complete farking newbie, Jacksonville, Florida

Equipment: Garmin eMap 32MB memory, Rockport hiking boots

Hoovman : also try http://www.vwvortex.com

Also saw this W8 on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1876669475&category=6020

Looks good but it was flooded!!!

Way back in the days when the grass was still green

and the pond was still wet

and the clouds were still clean,

and the song of the Swomee-Swans rang out in space...

one morning, I came to this glorious place.

quote:

Ps. what state are you from just in case you do the Volkswagen cache?

I wanted to do a cache on VW related items. I don't know how big that would go over. My other cache idea was to do ..... uhh I better wait till I actully do it. Then everyone will say what a kewl idea and I thought of it first!

Fair winds, Capn Skully

I had a 96 jetta, then a 98 GTI. I then really wanted the 1.8t engine, and I wanted all wheel drive. VAG kept draging its heels by not putting the 1.8t or AWD in the golf, so I was forced to by a used A4(97 1.8t quattro). 102k and still strong. Autocrossed it to a class championship.

Performance parts are a bit more expensive than my former Jetta and GTI, but its worth it.

I highly recommend www.goapr.com for those who have VW's/Audi's made within the last 5 years.

Still my favorite VW, was won converted by a friend. It was a generation II jetta converted to a VR6 engine.

Did I mention that I love cars as much as geocaching?????

You can see my latest baby(non-vw) at this site also www.sccv.org

Now to combine autocrossing with the gps!!!

AchStone

I own two VWs and wrote a webpage entitled The Field Guide to Your Deformation Element to help other people with Super Beetles who have no idea what the "deformation element" is!

My 1971 VW Convertible is red, runs pretty well, needs a new top (and a new interior couldn't hurt). I love it, despite all of the cussing.

My 1963 VW Baja is an incredible machine! It's more car than I know how to fix. Dual K&N filters feeding a Zenith 32NDIX equipped 18??cc engine. Dual seater with aluminum wing, eight Billstein shocks (three on each rear wheel...amazing suspension), 15" of ground clearance, and half inch aluminum diamond plate skids, electronic points. I just love that my Baja has better ground clearance than virtually every "hopped up" truck I see around town. It'll go almost everywhere very quickly.

It'd be a great caching vehicle when it's not too hot or too cold.

Got any free time, Shannon? icon_smile.gif

Unfortunately, I don't have enough time for one of them, let alone two. :-)

I've got a 1974 super beetle. Been in the family her entire life and has taught countless relatives how to drive stick shift. Best thing about her is she looks awful, runs great and scares off all those big SUV types. Who would want park next to such a beat up machine!! Was saving her for the Grandson but he's only two and think maybe I'll be selling her some time soon. Want to retire and have too many vehicles!!

A bright Red 1972 bug - pretty much in mint condition. All original German-manufactured

parts. Spent all it's life in Arizona & Texas

so no rust anywhere.

Don't drive it much in Texas though - 100 degrees and no A/C do NOT mix - so no Summer driving. 30 degrees and crappy heating don't mix - so no winter driving. Lousy traction in the wet - so no Spring driving. Car's been sitting there

through Winter, Spring and Summer without being

run - so it won't start - hence no Autumn

driving either.

:-)

The Official GeoCachemobile is my 2003 MINI

Cooper S...called "Yoda" - because he's small,

green and deceptively powerful.

Factory equipped with GPS & Compass. Green for

camoflage, small and innocuous so as not to

tip off other 'cachers. 6 second 0-60 time

allows for fast getaway with that coveted

HappyMeal toy.

quote:
Originally posted by CreagerStone Family:

Got any free time, Shannon? icon_smile.gif

Unfortunately, I don't have enough time for one of them, let alone two. :-)

Lately my free time has been anything but free. I just found out that my '65 Beetle has lost a piston ring and will need to be rebuilt. The other car that I've been trying to get running as a stop-gap until I have the down payment for an Xterra is still dead, and I'm trying to help my mom take care of stuff around her property out in Pahrump, so I barely have enough time to cache icon_eek.gif

Of course, I wouldn't turn down a ride in that baja icon_biggrin.gif

Do you go to any of the local bug club meetings?

Shannon

VegasCacheHounds

quote:
Originally posted by Bahnburner:

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

I've never owned a VW or a Legend and you haven't found any caches, so it appears we have no common ground at all... icon_wink.gif

Your reply is truly comforting to me. Thanks for the warm welcome! Come back when you pull the travel bug out.

What part of the winking icon didn't you understand? icon_wink.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

I bought a 1980 Scirocco in 1981 (it sat for a year in the showroom at the dealer in Sunnyvale) and today that car still sits parked in front of my house. I have put over 340,000 miles on it, it's on its second engine yet still on its original rear brakes, go figure. It is the first car my son rode in (took him and his mother home in it) and it will be the first car he drives solo. Rocky Scirocco was replaced as a daily driver in 2000 (by a Jeep of all things) but he still runs great, though by now I'm the only person who "has the touch" and can operate the gear shifter. Gotta fix that when the weather gets better...

I would love to find a similar new car today but *no car company* to include VW sells anything close. Simple, sporty, reliable, what more could anyone ask for?

Joe

I've owned a string of Rabbit Diesels. The 1st one was a new yellow 1979 5-speed 4-door. I logged all the fuel and miles for years. Its overall average was 51.1 mpg for 198,000 miles. Compression went bad so had to shoot the poor devil. Loved it. Had several used ones since. Been driving a new 1988 4-door Honda civic for 214,000 miles, averaging 41 mpg with gasoline. Wife drives a 92 VW Golf. We also have a 91 VW Westfalia camper van that we love.