photos

scribbler

I'd suggest taking high-quality photos and then resize/compress them in a graphics program. I personally use Paint Shop Pro by Jasc Software, but if you're filthy rich the "best" (the industry standard) is Photoshop by Adobe. There are probably even some freebies out there that will do the job.

I use Photoshop to resize and crop the pictures. It's a cool program and lets you do a lot to the pictures. I just barely got a camera and I love it. When I shrink them down and save it, I save them at about 75% or so and it makes the file about 50 to 80 K. I also used ACDSee, it's a whole lot less confusing than Photoshop.

After much frustration and trying to learn a new didital camera and photoshop I searched to forums for advice on how to post photos. After much reading I discovered the way. I would take my pix and resize them in photoshop and save them at high compression rate jpegs to get them to 100k or less. Then I would upload to the cache page and look at them and find them over pixelated and terrible looking. After my research I found someone who said to just hit the refresh button on your browser after loading and looking at the pic on the cache page and lo and behold the pic came out looking fine. I'm not real computer literate and it took me a long time to get this all figured out but now it seems simple. Try this and I hope it helps.

[This message was edited by GranpaRocks on September 01, 2002 at 07:03 AM.]