Once it's hid, how long b4 it's posted here?

Guest koshea

Guest koshea

So... once you fill out a form for the cache you hid, how long before it turns up on the site? It's not automatic, is it? Is it reviewed first or something? I submitted my cache and then it said I was logged out. I could've sworn I was logged in. Did my cache really get submitted properly? Thanks! I love this.

Guest Ron Streeter

Usually the posting for a newly hidden cache will take place quiet quickly (almost instantaneously sometimes), but the administrators of the site are working on some big projects right now, and that might be what happened.

You may already have checked back and found your post. They will email you when it is posted, so if it doesn't happen within 24 hours, you may want to inquire.

Welcome to the game !

Guest peter

Based on my limited experience you should get an automatically generated email almost immediately saying that your cache report has been received and is being reviewed. Then your cache should show up on the website a day or so later depending on the availability of the webmaster. I think it is checked to see that the coordinate format looks right and everything seems self-consistent and proper before it gets posted.

There is a time-out limit on the login session, so if you took your time entering information it may have timed out before you submitted your cache report.

Guest jeremy

It probably timed out, which means the cache report didn't go through. Sorry! You do get an automatic email confirmation for you (and I) can check the cache info and see if everything is in order before it goes live. I also do some HTML formatting if you have several paragraphs, and do some spell checking.

Hope that helps!

Jeremy

Guest Dobre

In all deference to Jeremy, I wondered the same thing, my problem is that I forgot to put in a decimal point! (my fault) and the Seattle earthquake (certainly not Jeremy's fault) I inquired, I fixed it, and my 2 caches are up and running. Thanks Jeremy!

Guest koshea

Thanks for the help, everyone. Looks like I must've let myself get timed out while I was in the process of submitting it. I resubmitted, and got the auto email confirmation. But, it didn't take my carriage returns so the formatting looks a little screwy yet. I'm sure Jeremy will help me out. Have a good one.