Your Opinion Please

Dont you just love it. What is the point of even going out to look for it? Just wait for a rainy day and sit home and log caches all day. What is the motivation for logging a cache as a find then admit you didnt even bother looking for it... But I guess thats just the way some folks do it. Or it just could be a confused newb, or an accidental button click on "found it" rather than "post a note"???

quote:
Originally posted by BrownMule:

Had a person who logged one of my caches as a find today but says in the log that he did not stop to actually find the cache because it was raining. Would like your opinion on this please. frog.gif

Explain to them that at your caches one must actually find the cache and sign the logbook (or whatever you generally require). Then ask they please change the find to a note. If they don't change it, then delete their post.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

BrownMule, here is my take.

I did something similar. Went and found a cache in the pouring rain. However the cache was soaked on the outside (ammo can) I was soaked, and the rain was pouring down.

So I didn't open it and sign the log because I'd get the cache wet. Having glopped out the contents of a wet cache or two I figured that was the right thing to do.

So I found the cache and logged as a find. But I did find the cache. None of this wave my arms in the general direction of where my gps is pointing at from a distance and saying "aberacadebera I found ya"

He better be able to email you a good description of the container.

Wherever you go there you are.

I agree with the other responses, assuming it was a traditional cache.

What if it was a virtual that was visible from the road or parking lot? The finder can see the location, but didn't want to get out of the car to get the date or whatever for proof.

Personally, I would have gotten out of the car. I'm not worried about rain, but that's me.

RichardMoore

A man walks into a bar with a duck on his head. The bartender says "Where'd you get that?" The duck replied "I don't know, I woke up this morning and there was this guy attached to my butt."

Always glad to offer my opinion: Delete the log. It's not a find. Or if you want to be more gentle, email him and ask him to change it to a note. Then if he doesn't, delete the log.

quote:
Originally posted by BrownMule:

Had a person who logged one of my caches as a find today but says in the log that he did not stop to actually find the cache because it was raining. Would like your opinion on this please. frog.gif

_

On the other hand, you have different fingers.

_

http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/15777_2200.gif