Holidays approaching.....

MountainMudbug

With the holiday seasons (pick your favorite) coming up relatively soon, is anyone planning a holiday themed cache? I've been considering a temporary Halloween cache and got to wondering if others are as well. Any novel ideas for containers? The possibilities here seem endless.

I did a brief "holiday" search, but its getting late and I might have overlooked it..... *squint*

-----------------------------------------------------------

I sincerely feel that the facts are completely irrelevant in this case.

quote:
Originally posted by MountainMudbug:

With the holiday seasons (pick your favorite) coming up relatively soon, is anyone planning a holiday themed cache? I've been considering a temporary Halloween cache and got to wondering if others are as well. Any novel ideas for containers? The possibilities here seem endless.

I would suggest one of those fake jack o lanterns made out of plastic or ceramic. I also found Krylon glow in the dark spray paint that might be helpful.

By appointment to the Court of HRM Queen Mikki I.

There is this cache in CT placed by Spooky....

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=35589

WWOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BOOO!

I LOVE HALLOWEEN. Hey! There is a great neighborhood I know of where everyone in the neighborhood gets in the spirit and passes out candy to the kids and some really do up there lawns as haunted places and such. Could that be a cache? A one night only cache and you have to dress up in costume. Even better, when you get to the houses you take some candy and leave some candy. I wonder how many would actually take candy back from a person they don't know and can't describe.... "Well they were green and had these, um, bolts in there neck, and scars, and blood, officer...." It's a multi cache with each great house as a coordinate.

Cache you later,

Planet

Last year we set out the Christmas cache here in the Nashvile area. We found an evergreen tree way out in the middle of nowhere and decorated it with ornaments and beads and at the base of the tree we left an ammo box with 25 wrapped presents. Cachers were instructed to take a "gift" from us and not to leave anything. The idea went over great, everyone liked it so much that we are planning it Christmas Cache II for this year.

A182pilot

He who angers you, controls you.