Cache Cards

Our "TEAM" has a card. The wife loves doing little things like that. I personally like the hunt. I could care less for the "treasure" inside since most are more KID oriented.

BUT I do read the log book and like to see who has been there before me (if I didn't get there first). Mayby I should change my answer to number two......

"My gps say's it RIGHT HERE".

http://www.geogadgets.com

12 caches in 12 hours.

I think they are a good idea and it helps promote the sport if they are passed out to people.

I found a Cache Card listed in the forums. I copied it then made my own. I leave them in Caches that I plant and find. I place my E-Mail address on the back. I do this so that people can take a couple and pass them out to Non-GeoCachers. It is a great way to promote the sport. I will be making a Cache Card for our local group "Lewis Clark Valley GeoCachers". I keep some on hand every where I go. As I meet people that show interest in the sport, I give them a card. I also drop them off at sporting good store that sell GPSR units.

I hope I don't sound like some sort of GEEK. If I do then oh well.

Frank

IdahoMan

IdahoMan@cableone.net

Lewis Clark Valley GeoCachers

quote:
Originally posted by ACME geocachers:

I voted number five. I don't like this self promotion crap.

Little bit of a 'tude there ... It's only a piece of paper ...

I don't leave any myself ... always find them interesting to read ... sort of like the log books ... I do place collector cards in my caches with a photo of a significant view and the placement date and coordinates. They seem to be popular with those visiting the caches ... If that's self promotion ... OK ... I'm self promoting. icon_biggrin.gif Our team does have a signature keyring/bag tag we leave ... I promise not to leave any in New Jersey icon_biggrin.gif

348_2702.gif

quote:
Originally posted by ACME geocachers:

I voted number five. I don't like this self promotion crap.

Little bit of a 'tude there ... It's only a piece of paper ...

I don't leave any myself ... always find them interesting to read ... sort of like the log books ... I do place collector cards in my caches with a photo of a significant view and the placement date and coordinates. They seem to be popular with those visiting the caches ... If that's self promotion ... OK ... I'm self promoting. icon_biggrin.gif Our team does have a signature keyring/bag tag we leave ... I promise not to leave any in New Jersey icon_biggrin.gif

348_2702.gif

So is signing the actual log book and then signing the virtual log self promotion? Seems kind of like you are promoting the fact that you were there. I just like to have my "self promotion c***" printed out in advance so I can sign the log book faster and maybe squeeze in an extra cache!!! I also like to see the creativity of other cachers as they leave their personal touch via their cache cards. Bring em on... dang, I hope my picture of my dog below here isn't to self promotional!!! icon_eek.gificon_wink.gif

3512_200.jpg

So is signing the actual log book and then signing the virtual log self promotion? Seems kind of like you are promoting the fact that you were there. I just like to have my "self promotion c***" printed out in advance so I can sign the log book faster and maybe squeeze in an extra cache!!! I also like to see the creativity of other cachers as they leave their personal touch via their cache cards. Bring em on... dang, I hope my picture of my dog below here isn't to self promotional!!! icon_eek.gificon_wink.gif

3512_200.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Hawk-eye:

Our team does have a signature keyring/bag tag we leave ... I promise not to leave any in New Jersey icon_biggrin.gif

Don't speak too quickly, Hawk-eye! Rich in NEPA dropped one of your tags into the "Ay Caramba!!" cache in Jersey, and I snagged it today! Very nicely done, as are Rich's magnets and other goodies.

quote:
Originally posted by Hawk-eye:

Our team does have a signature keyring/bag tag we leave ... I promise not to leave any in New Jersey icon_biggrin.gif

Don't speak too quickly, Hawk-eye! Rich in NEPA dropped one of your tags into the "Ay Caramba!!" cache in Jersey, and I snagged it today! Very nicely done, as are Rich's magnets and other goodies.

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

Well ... I stand corrected ... and thanks for the kind words ...

348_2702.gif

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

Howdy, BP! Thanks for the compliment. I think you'll find quite a few of Hawk-Eyes fine wares scattered around north Jersey!

Glad to see you made it to "Ay Caramba" today. Miserable weather, though. I thought for sure I was going to bump into you on Tuesday. That's a nice hunt the Dodger has there. Had me going in circles a couple of times, but it was loads of fun.

Cheers ...

~Rich in NEPA~

1132_1200.jpg

=== A man with a GPS receiver knows where he is; a man with two GPS receivers is never sure. ===

quote:
Originally posted by Rich in NEPA:

... Glad to see you made it to "Ay Caramba" today. Miserable weather, though. I thought for sure I was going to bump into you on Tuesday. That's a nice hunt the Dodger has there. Had me going in circles a couple of times, but it was loads of fun.

I almost did go for it on Tuesday, but the thread about another suspected "trash cache" popped up, and since it was within an hour of home, I went to check into it. (It wasn't a trash cache, I'm happy to report.) But it was too far in the wrong direction to combine with "Ay Caramba" ... it's funny, but I was thinking I might meet you on the trail to the potential "trash cache!"

I agree with you, Artful Dodger did a terrific job, and "Ay Caramba!" was great fun . . . despite the rain!