If Geocaching was on ESPN2

Magic the Gathering is on ESPN2, ever wonder what geocaching would be like?

“Jim, as you know geocaching has exploded in popularity. It was only a matter of time before it became a competitive freestyle sport.”

“That’s right John and our first competitor is Sysge20 who has opted for the Micro Mini Max Cache”

“Yes Jim and did you know what sysge20 got his name from the reproductive process of some of our single celled friends but he couldn’t spell it. The 20 is because of the 19 other people who had the same idea”

“That’s certainly interesting John and now he’s limbering up before going on the search, oh there he goes up the trail and now he’s flipping over rocks.”

“oooohhh Jim that’s going to cost him, as you know the unnecessary flipping of rocks will set him back a few points in this freestyle competition, he should have noticed that the ground around the rocks was undisturbed, the environmental judge is sure to deduct a few points.”

“Right you are Jim, now he’s checking out that small cave, oooohhh he forgot to check for bats, you may not know that some bats are sensitive to being disturbed, the caver judge is sure to nail him to the wall for that blunder, wait, I think he’s spotted it!”

“John can you believe it, he’s spotted it in the crook of the tree branch and he’s going in for the find, and yes it’s true he’s using the left hand grab to clutch the cache and it’s a find!”

“Oh boy Jim it doesn’t get more exciting than this, now lets see how he wraps it up, you can be sure he’s going to pay special attention the to log and trade, a lot of points can be burnt up here”

“Man John I can hardly stand the tension, he’s reaching for the trade bag and…and… it’s McToy! He’s chose a McToy for the trade!”

“Jim he’s walking a fine line here, the McToy trade is one of the most difficult trades to pull off successfully. Lets see his trading choice, he’s reaching in and has chosen the handy wipe…no he’s put it back he’s spotted a Buffalo Head Nickel…ohhhh that’s going to cost him with the geo judge.”

“Right you are John the unbalanced trade is almost too much to watch, he’s finished with the log book and is rehiding the cache, this is another area where many freestyle geocachers lose points.”

“and Jim it looks like he’s going for the “move it to a new spot hide”, I just don’t understand it, he was up on points compared to his performance in the qualifiers but this is just too much to watch!”

“Thanks John, and while he hikes back out lets go to our sponsors for a few words…”

Wherever you go there you are.

Hay i can relate to this on ESPN. My wife says i would watch anytype of race if it is televised on tv. She caught me watching lawnmower races on speedvision and i thought she would never let me live it down. When it comes to geocaching i think she would watch it with me. I have watched acoupple of reality shows on tv but this one would have got me hooked.

Altree

(you will not starve with a p38 and a can of food)

quote:
Originally posted by altree:

Hay i can relate to this on ESPN. My wife says i would watch anytype of race if it is televised on tv. She caught me watching lawnmower races on speedvision and i thought she would never let me live it down.

Have ya ever seen the belt sander races on ESPN? icon_biggrin.gif

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

I can just see us now getting fitted for helmet cams. Lets get some sponsers involved; our outfits and backpacks can look like golfers or NASCAR rigs.Maybe I should change my sig line back to its original:

CHOLO wrote

quote:
Be careful of what you wish for
icon_biggrin.gif

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

[This message was edited by wimseyguy on March 07, 2003 at 10:45 AM.]

NEWS FLASH!!!!

This just in.... The Geocaching Players Association has just announced a strike for the upcoming geocache season in protest against the salary cap imposed by the cache owners. A spokesman for the Players association said "These cache owners are amassing a large supply of AA batteries and McToys. They need to share some of the profits with the ones that create the profits. We are also concerned with the selling of logbook entries to the TV networks as reality TV show plots. Any revenue created this way must be disbursed to the players."

========================================

Friends don't let Friends geocache drunk.

NEWS FLASH!!!!

This just in from GSN - Geocache Sports Network --

The French judge in last night's geocache competition is under investigation for falsifying marks given to the Russian Geocaching Pair and deliberately underscoring the Canadian couple. When questioned, the French judge said it was a misunderstanding and was asking the inspectors for more time. The French ambassador to the U.N. said his government will veto any resolution authorizing the awarding of a duplicate first prize to the Canadians -- a gold ammo box.

In other news an American geocacher was disbarred from any further competition after he failed a banned substance test. Traces of Gatorade were found in his canteen."

========================================

Friends don't let Friends geocache drunk.

The President has called on the Geocahing community to use their expert skills in the War on Terrorism.They have hidden them so well that the expertise shown by the Cachers is needed to find all these cached missles.You can't hide anything from them.You hide it they will find it.It is now time for all Good Geocachers to come to the aide of their Country...Thankyou Dan...

WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS *GEOTRYAGAIN* http://www.msnusers.com/MissouriTrails