Black on black?!

quote:
Originally posted by Lazy Leopard:

Oh boy! The gremlins have been busy at the design here. I'm getting black text on a black background, an excessive font size, and all sorts of other problems I never had with the previous incarnation of the forum.... icon_frown.gif I sure hope the gremlins can be worked out soon!

Purrs... LazyLeopard http://www.lazyleopard.org.uk

Ouch! What browser are you using? It shouldn't look that way...

'

quote:
Originally posted by Lazy Leopard:

Oh boy! The gremlins have been busy at the design here. I'm getting black text on a black background, an excessive font size, and all sorts of other problems I never had with the previous incarnation of the forum.... icon_frown.gif I sure hope the gremlins can be worked out soon!

Same here! Everything is black text on a black background. I have to select the text in order to read it. Netscape 4.7 on Mac OS 9.1.]

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy (Admin):

Ouch! What browser are you using? It shouldn't look that way...

I'm not LazyLeopard, but with Opera under Solaris, I get the same effect -- the list of posts is an almost unreadable blue-on-black, and the posts themselves are black-on-black.

Netscape Navigator under Solaris gives crazy font sizes, but it is at least visible.

The style has been reset. Unfortunately it won't show the avatars. Infopop is working on it to ensure it works with all browsers. I'll wait until they fix it before deploying it to the geocaching community.

Just to make sure, does this look ok now?

Jeremy

'

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy (Admin):

The style has been reset. Unfortunately it won't show the avatars. Infopop is working on it to ensure it works with all browsers. I'll wait until they fix it before deploying it to the geocaching community.

Jeremy

'

Looks perfect now!

quote:

Yep, thanks, it's readable now. I expect (part of) the problem was that something was relying entirely on CSS, JavaScript, or some such. CSS is fine for refining the look of a page but if the pages don't display sensibly without CSS enabled then folks with older browsers (and folks who browse with CSS disabled) will have problems.

quote:
Originally posted by Rangertrek:

Excuse my lack of knowledge on this one.

What are the avatars? icon_confused.gif

Rangertrek,

You can add your own avatar (although they are temporarily disabled) by visiting your cache page at geocaching.com and updating your profile.

Although you can click on the "notecard/person" icon on one of your posts in the forums here and see your profile, I did not see an option to update it...

-exConn

What is Project Virginia?