Get me out of here I'm a geocacher!!!!!

georgeandmary

This is really the worst in reality tv and I'm sorry to say that I've seen it. Actually it's on in the background as I web surf.

Anyway, each day the 'celebrities', and I use the term loosly, have to find a BIG box for some daily suplies. By big I mean foot locker size. I'm here watching them look for this box. It's hidden 20 ft up in the tree, completly uncovered. And it took them 30 minutes.

They'd suck at geocaching.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

Reality television....

There is no such thing....

It mindless entertainment for brainless dorks ...

When "reality" appears on TV I can not turn it off fast enough....

Dale

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm Diagonally Parked, In A Parallel Universe.

--------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, my TV happened to be on this station last night while I drifted into my food-coma after dinner, and I apparently caught some of it by osmosis (perhaps by hidden, subliminal, messages?)....

Did anyone happen to catch the next "reality" show premiering next week? It's called "The Family", the basic premise being that they gather a family (most likely a redneck, mullet-wearing, meth-addicted, Jerry Springer and Nascar fans family) and stick them in a "Joe Millionaire" mansion (or is the word "chateau"?) for a while until mass-hilarity and backstabbing commence, and then have the generic, under-appreciated, "hard-working" (feel bad for them) staff, pick who gets a million bucks....

Now tell me, would your family not just sign up for this, act like the Osbournes for a week, have someone will the million, then split it? How is there any drama here? Like the winner isn't going to be sharing with the rest of the shallow end of the gene pool....icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

I just can't wait for the close-ups of Uncle Milton staring down the perverted Grandfater-in-law as he oggles over 13 year old Peggy Sue Donna in her "look 'ma!, 'dees are 'dem rich peeple bathin' soots! 'da ones dan't only cover what parts BillyBob needs ta nok me up again!" slutty clothes that the producers sqeeze her big, fat, pimply, rear end into.

If they're going to subject us to the lowest form of entertainment possible, I wish they'd just tell the kids to go to bed at 7:00 and play clips from the Spice channel...good thing I'm paying the cable company $60 a month for this crap.

icon_mad.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

I hate to steer this topic WAY off course, but I had to chime in with Dave The Cheesehead here.

"Good Eats" is possibly the second best way that I could spend a half hour in my house, (and if the girlfriends not around, then it qualifies as the best!)...Alton Brown's humor is perfect, and while I'm learning about the sugar content of mid-fourteenth century cake flour, I'm actually enjoying it...whowouldathunk...

Any other "Good Eats" fans out there? I hate that there's only one new episode per week, this show should replace Emeril every day!

migo_sig_logo.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by MTU_Cache_Spot:

"Good Eats" is possibly the second best way that I could spend a half hour in my house, (and if the girlfriends not around, then it qualifies as the best!)...Alton Brown's humor is perfect, and while I'm learning about the sugar content of mid-fourteenth century cake flour, I'm actually enjoying it...whowouldathunk...

I agree, I would also like to see this show replace Iron Chef or some of the other hokey shows on that channel. Really good. As for the best way to spend a half hour, I don't mean to brag, but only a half hour? icon_rolleyes.gif

By appointment to the Court of HRM Queen Mikki I.

I've done the "Good Eats" thanksgiving menu for the past two years now. It's always nice to get compliments on the meal!

Thankfully, I've never had to endure "reality TV". Here's hoping I never will.

----------------------------------------------------------

Until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore,

You will not know the terror of being forever lost at sea.

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

I'm here watching them look for this box. It's hidden 20 ft up in the tree, completly uncovered. And it took them 30 minutes.

They'd suck at geocaching.

Kind of reminds me of me on a couple of cache hunts. I still have two "did not finds" that I haven't found. Both 1/1 caches.....

My two cents worth, refunds available on request. (US funds only)

Some friends at work turned me on to Alton. My wife loves (most of) what I've made off the show. She even got me the I'm Just Here for the Food book for my birthday. Lately, I seem to have been doing most of the "big meal" cooking which is fine with me, now that I know a lot more about what I'm doing.

quote:
I agree, I would also like to see this show replace Iron Chef or some of the other hokey shows on that channel.

Come on! Iron Chef is fantastic television!

"He's mixing up something there, what could it be? Is it... YES! He has added foie gras to the soup! This is outstanding!"

Where else but Japan could cooking be turned into (almost) a contact sport?

- - - - -

Wisconsin Geocaching Association

quote:
Originally posted by bigredmed:

Really good. As for the best way to spend a half hour, I don't mean to brag, but only a half hour? icon_rolleyes.gif

Umm...no comment....

My fiance also got me I'm Just Here for the Food for xmas (great read, and could be a science book in a highschool level), and we both love to watch Good Eats and cook....which works out well, because besides her engineering job she also sells Pampered Chef stuff on the side, so our kitchen is overflowing with cool gadgets and that Stoneware stuff.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

There was a show on TLC, I think, 2 teams of PhD's on some God-forsaken island, set up with REAL challenges. Winners got to go home early on a helicopter with champagne. Imagine Gilligan's Island with 8 Professors. I don't know what happened to it though, probably too well thought out.

Have a bad feeling next reality show will be Survivor in LA, Osbournes vs Anna Nicole Smith's crew. Judges would be the Real World. Brodcast on E!. Try to sleep THAT idea off...

I have gotten to the point where about all I watch on "network" TV is "Enterprise", and perhaps some sports. Other than that, it's just about anything on Dish Network. Good Eats is awesome, and I get decent sports like Rugby and EPL Football (that's soccer to most Americans).

You couldn't pay me enough money to sit and watch any "reality" show.

"Could be worse...could be raining"

What a great show. I have my Tivo grab it every time it's on.

My other favorite food-related shows are those PBS specials that air every month or so, usually a couple of hours long, and always narrated by Mason Adams. ("With a name like Smuckers...") There was a great one about hot dogs, they hit a lot of my favorite hot dog joints around the country, including Pink's in LA and The Varsity here in Atlanta.

(Kids, this is called TOPIC DRIFT. It all started on USENET back in the late seventies...) icon_smile.gif

--

Scott Johnson (ScottJ)

quote:
Originally posted by Cape Cod Cacher:

There was a show on TLC, I think, 2 teams of PhD's on some God-forsaken island, set up with REAL challenges. Winners got to go home early on a helicopter with champagne. Imagine Gilligan's Island with 8 Professors. I don't know what happened to it though, probably too well thought out.

Have a bad feeling next reality show will be Survivor in LA, Osbournes vs Anna Nicole Smith's crew. Judges would be the Real World. Brodcast on E!. Try to sleep THAT idea off...

Escape from experiment island? I have seen the show a couple of times, it was okay, but I like junkyard wars better (more so when their american teams, or country v. another country).

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.