your opinion on this,jeremy and all

quote:
Originally posted by Team Yellowdog:

i came across this and im just wondering what everyone else thinks ??http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=cf1bfe0e-7482-43c7-bc91-3799fb6ce852

Who appointed him?

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gifThe greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....

Seems someone has decided that she/he is going to "enforce" Geocaching guidelines. What's interesting is the person(s) has some issues with Geocaches or Geocachers that use different containers. If it's a problem with the container, or the cache ("trash filled with more trash"), then this person would have flipped at the first Geocache!

Lastly, whomever this person is has a big enough pair to post a rant about a cache (and possibly, take one), but not a big enough pair to use her/his regular account. Again, it could be some antiGeocaching type just looking to cause trouble.

Just a pompous, busybody and a jerk to boot. I've found a few caches and this one didn't seem to be any worse than 3/4 of the caches out there.

Finding caches before placing them might be a good idea, but it's no guarantee that caches will be better. I've seen pretty lame caches left by people with hundreds of finds.

"Au pays des aveugles, les borgnes sont rois"

He knew he was in the wrong, thus the reason for using a sock puppet.

There is absolutely no reason for him to be second guessing the admins. If he had a problem with the cache then he should have had the 'nads enough to say so without the anonymity.

Not only that, but I very much take exception with, "Without exception, people should find a few caches before placing one. " Just because he is moronic enough to not be able to place a cache without finding one doesn't mean he can force his will on others.

I simply don't have strong enough polite words to describe my distain for those such as this.

CR

72057_2000.gif

I've been doing it wrong! After finding one cache I placed one. Great spot even to this day. If I didn't move I'd of kept it up.

My daugher has now logged about 3 finds out of about 300 she has done. She did her first cache while having Zero offical logs and about 150 finds. Another good hide. But according to the sock puppet this is just no good.

I'm thinking of a sock puppet to place caches now. Just for bait. But the master wouldn't get the joke and go for the bait every time.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

quote:
Just so I understand, a profile called Deltas was created on June 16 and hid a cache the same day. Another profile called nomoretrash was also created on 6/16. On the same date, 'nomoretrash' visited the new cache and removed it, leaving a ranting log.

Why would somebody go through all the trouble to hide a cache, then go and remove it the same day saying their own cache is junk? Maybe it's a Jekyl and Hyde type deal. At night he becomes a hider of lame caches, and during the day he realizes what his alter ego did and removes it.

"Au pays des aveugles, les borgnes sont rois"

He probably scared off a newbie from ever geocaching again.

In Arizona we have a cacher who placed several geocaches without any finds and they are considered quite good, at least from the logs I've read. We haven't gotten to his yet but we plan to. (I'm referring to Puz-zel)

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes

On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:

"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --

"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling , The Explorer 1898

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

quote:
Just so I understand, a profile called Deltas was created on June 16 and hid a cache the same day. Another profile called nomoretrash was also created on 6/16. On the same date, 'nomoretrash' visited the new cache and removed it, leaving a ranting log.

Why would somebody go through all the trouble to hide a cache, then go and remove it the same day saying their own cache is junk? Maybe it's a Jekyl and Hyde type deal. At night he becomes a hider of lame caches, and during the day he realizes what his alter ego did and removes it.

_"Au pays des aveugles, les borgnes sont rois"_

I think the theory is that they didn't go through the trouble of anything but creating two accounts, the hider and the vigilante. Man, there's a lot of multiple personalities running around here!

Team Kender - "The Sun is coming up!" "No, the horizon is going down."

I just gotta jump in here. When I saw this cache/log the other day the first thing that came to mind was the finder was a jerk. Then I thought the whole thing was the work of a troll.

Then I thought I'd see if I could get some more info from both parties. I never got around to that.

Has anyone tried to get more information from either the hider or the seeker? I'd be curious to find out what they think.

Just to let you know, since I'm one of the approvers, I have contacted both the cache owner and the other person in question.

We certainly don't need self appointed *Cache Cops* removing caches they find unacceptable.

I will be forwarding any responses I recieve to TPTB.

TMS- Admin

Don't mind us, we're just looking for tupperware in this bush.

I GOT A EMAIL FROM THE CACHE COPicon_frown.gifMY RESPONSE FOLLOWS)

quote:
User nomoretrash has contacted you with the following message:

Since it was pointed out to me that you posted that I stole a cache, I thought I should send you the same email I sent to a admin at geocaching. I did not steal or even remove the cache, and I don't appreciate you telling people I did.

The email below was sent to Team Misguided's inquiry

----------------

Hello,

Two points to address, one why I wrote what I did and my response to speculation;

I want to address the speculation first, I didn't say I removed the cache, I said it should be archived. I saw the cache last night, it was in tact and fine. However, if its missing, it doesn't surprise me one bit.

Now as for why I said what I did, the container was bright orange and sitting out in an open area, completely visible because of the color. It was left in an area with very prickly plants, with no identification whatsoever. It was apparent that the people that planted it, didn't take the time to read anything on the site. Had I run across this cache on accident there would be no supposition that it was garbage. It had the top of a tic tac container, a

used golf ball, one half of a broken golf tee, a token to family fun center, a crushed mctoy and a folded blank sheet of paper. With no reference to geocaching and no identification on the container, and the contents, I decided not to log it as a find and rather post what I did.

I had hoped that it would prompt the owner to rethink and replant. Obviously the approvers could not know that they didn't take the time to mark the container or leave a log, or, I could go on here, but I believe I covered this.

As I said in the beginning I am not surprised if it went missing, kids play near where the cache was, and there are also neighborhood coyotes, with it being a used food type container they could have easily picked it up.

The long and the short, is I just wish people would take a minute to read the suggestions on the site.

Tess

-------------

As a general rule, I don't cache on my own, I go out with various friends of mine, this cache just took the cake and made me want to post, even I know that the containers should be marked and that trash is not a wanted trade item. I don't know how or why the cache went missing but as a result of you saying I stole it, I have been besieged with nasty emails and even a threat. Maybe instead of spreading misinformation, like the others that contacted me, you could have asked.

Tess

dear trashy

first you need to get your facts straight--- "Since it was pointed out to me that you posted that I stole a cache, I thought I should send you the same email I sent to a admin at geocaching. I did not steal or even remove the cache, and I don't appreciate you telling people I did."

(1)i only posted a discussion on the cache. I didnt say you took it AND I DONT APPRECIATE YOUr ACUSATION!!! YOUR THE ONE WHO MADE YOUR SELF THE CACHE COP....NOT ME. You should have contacted the deltas intead of posting a nasty note on the webpage. you can post your apoligy on the discussin page.

NEXT WE MOVE ON TO

"Two points to address, one why I wrote what I did and my response to speculation;

I want to address the speculation first, I didn't say I removed the cache, I said it should be archived. I saw the cache last night, it was in tact and fine. However, if its missing, it doesn't surprise me one bit."---------

the minute you posted your nasty note YOU acceptted ALL responibility for this cache if it came missing its your fault for making your post, so much for that point?!?!?

your next(useless) point?

"Now as for why I said what I did, the container was bright orange and sitting out in an open area, completely visible because of the color. It was left in an area with very prickly plants, with no identification whatsoever. It was apparent that the people that planted it, didn't take the time to read anything on the site. Had I run across this cache on accident there would be no supposition that it was garbage. It had the top of a tic tac container, a

used golf ball, one half of a broken golf tee, a token to family fun center, a crushed mctoy and a folded blank sheet of paper. With no reference to geocaching and no identification on the container, and the contents, I decided not to log it as a find and rather post what I did.

I had hoped that it would prompt the owner to rethink and replant. Obviously the approvers could not know that they didn't take the time to mark the container or leave a log, or, I could go on here, but I believe I covered this."

again YOU shou;ld have sent something to 1.the deltas 2.the admins of geocaching.

BUT I FORGOT YOUR THE NEW CACHE COP(self sppointed)

NEXT:

----"The long and the short, is I just wish people would take a minute to read the suggestions on the site." ----

The long and the short-----you have no right to do what you did weather or not you took it YOU made it possible to be

raided had you just contacted the deltas first with you concerns none of this would have happened ACCEPT THE RESONIBILITY FOR THE MESS YOU MADE AND CLEAN TI UP

MAY I SUGGEST A LONG APOLIGY POTED ON THE DISSCUSSION PAGE.

LASTLY:

As a general rule, I don't cache on my own, I go out with various friends of mine, this cache just took the cake and made me want to post, even I know that the containers should be marked and that trash is not a wanted trade item. I don't know how or why the cache went missing but as a result of you saying I stole it, I have been besieged with nasty emails and even a threat. Maybe instead of spreading misinformation, like the others that contacted me, you could have asked."

IM NOT SURE EAXCTLY HOW TO RESPOND TO THIS STATMENT...ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT YOU MADE YOU BED YOU SLEEP IN IT

NEXT TIME YOU DECIDE TO MAKE YOURSELF CACHE COP. YOU CAN PROBLY EXPECT THE SAME THING??

AND AS FAR AS POSTING THINGS, INSTEAD OF THE CACHE PAGE.

USE THE DISSCUSSION BOARD

YOU DID THIS WITHOUT EVEN THINKING YOU WERE SO FULL OF YOURSELF YOU DIDNT EVEN SEE THE FACT THAT YOU ARE RUDE AND NASTY

GEOCACHING HAS PEOPLE TO TAKE CARE OF THINGS, LIKE BAD CAHES BUT UNTIL YOU’RE A FULL MEMBER I THINK YOU SHOULD LEAVE THE POLICING TO THEM INSTEAD OF POSTING YOUR NARROW MINDED VEIWS ON OTHERS

thanks for your time

TEAM YD

Apparently, the log(s) from the "vigilante" have been deleted from the page, so all those protest notes/notes of condemnation sure look silly.

I'm surprised that a couple of the people who suggested the cache owner and vigilante were one-and-the-same here in this thread appear to support the former and condemn the latter in the cache notes. Even sillier.

If what Geovigilante said was true about the cache, it sounds like a pretty lame one. But I thought she said she removed it in her Archive This Cache post, which would be wrong. Even the archive this cache note was out of line. Perhaps a friendly note to the cache owner would have been the way to go.

quote:
I'm surprised that a couple of people who suggested the cache owner and vigilante were the same person in this thread appear to support the former and condemn the latter in the cache notes. Even sillier.

The notes were posted before I came to the conclusion they were the same person (which in retrospect seems to be a wrong conclusion). I removed them several minutes ago, when I realized that the original log they referred to was gone.