"It calls itself government inspection department Stash Hunting"

Maybe I'm just easily amused, but I love babelfish translations.

If you're also easily amused, run the german cache note (http://www.geocaching.com/articles/cachenote_german.txt) through the translator at http://babelfish.altavista.com/ for a chuckle.

"The government inspection department Stash Hunt is open for everyone with a government inspection department and something sense for adventures."

This is funny. Here is the entire translated text. Just goes to show you that you can't rely on these things....

GEOCACHE hiding place - please read It found congratulations, you! Intends or not! Why here does this container lie? What to the devil makes this container here with the whole amusing things in it? This container is part of a world-wide play that the use of the government inspection department (global Positioning system) used up itself. It calls itself government inspection department Stash Hunting, or Geocaching. The play consists hiding of it a "treasure" and to publish its government inspection department coordinates, so that other government inspection department users can find these in the context of a "treasure search". The only rules are: If you take something out of the treasure, you must also something leave and should your attendance into the note book register. (from where you come, were it simple to find the treasure to etc..) Hopefully the person has, the treasure hid a good place in public area found around him to hide. Sometimes becomes however from a good place worse: - ( IF YOU THIS FOUND BY COINCIDENCE HASTE Greatly! You are cordially invited to go through. We ask you only for the following: * Please hides the container not elsewhere and damage it not. The true value lies in finding the container and in the exchange of the thoughts with all different this container will still find. * If you want, take something out of the "treasure". Leave however then please also something in the container for other Schatzsucher to find and register your attendance in the note book. * If possible, let us know that you found the container, by announcing yourself over the web page specified down. The government inspection department Stash Hunt is open for everyone with a government inspection department and something sense for adventures. There are many similar hiding places in the whole world. At the moment the organization has its seat in the InterNet. Attendance our website, if you want to know more or comments have: http://www.geocaching.com If this container lies on private reason and soil and you liked that it are removed, communicate to us this please. We apologize already in advance for it.

This is a really messed up version of my webpage:

Side of the information government inspection department De Geoff Which government inspection department is? The system of the global positioning (government inspection department) is more important the new progress of navigation and the technology of the positioning. In the past the stars were used for navigation. The day world requires larger accuracy. The new artificial constellation of stars made this important necessity available by the global services of the navigation system. What can you do with a government inspection department and porqué, which would wish you? 1. They are, if you reach lost, particularly, if the government inspection department in the diagram designed, in order to simulate to a paper diagram, as useful in the illustrations of the government inspection department, which it arrives. Also it functions well with a diagram of the paper and the Kompassses. The diagram and the compass can help it to calibrate the government inspection department. 2. It permits to a pilot to cross the large ocean without also leaving course.(ships) 3. The government inspection department is good for the canotaje and leads and flies and goes on journey and encamping, and the admission of the indication of the Brotbrotkrume of, which was you in it, is memory. 4. If you have interruption in the way, hardness of the boat, it breaks a leg, or it reaches lost, you can your position release, which is demonstrated regarding your government inspection department to a number of the urgency at your telephone of the cell. Improve as, going on journey 4 miles and behind the aid of finding leaving its damaged friend. 5. They can go to Geocaching, to its government inspection department Geocaching are to be used, where you can look for the treasures, which are hidden through world(Geocaches), and hidden also, so that others find with their government inspection department.

Click on my webpage below to compare:

5_Rubik.gifMy home page about GPS units and information

Oh sure, the language translators are fun, but I went to The Dialectizer and got

THIS as a result.

I think the Redneck one might be useful near some caches I've seen. icon_wink.gif

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again."

Mt. 13:44

[This message was edited by CYBret on June 19, 2002 at 08:14 AM.]

Oh sure, the language translators are fun, but I went to The Dialectizer and got

THIS as a result.

I think the Redneck one might be useful near some caches I've seen. icon_wink.gif

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again."

Mt. 13:44

[This message was edited by CYBret on June 19, 2002 at 08:14 AM.]