My travel bug is in prison! No really!

wow.

don't forget that whatever happens, happens. sometimes all you can do is observe. it is folly to think you can control the flow of events.

you can ask for a TB to go anywhere, but things happen sometimes. and no, i don't know where all of mine are. maybe they're gone. maybe someone is keeping them as collectibles. maybe they'll move.seeing what happens is the real show. if i want to make rules for other people to follow, i'll run for congress.

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

While there is no control over where TB's go, it's reasonable to assume that people will have enough sense to at least LOG them, no matter what they do with them. I mean, it's not that difficult to read the rules on the TB page.

quote:
If you found a bug, here's what you need to do:

1. Log this item with a "Found it? Log it!" by clicking on the text link in the upper right hand corner of the Travel Bug's page.

2. When you log it, make sure to enter in the number of the Travel Bug, AND mark a checkbox beside the bug you're logging! If not the log will *not* be updated.

3. Once you claim the travel bug, it goes into your online "inventory." That basically means the next time you log a cache find, you'll have an option to select an item from a list of items that you have to place in the cache.

And I thought owls were supposed to be wise... oh, and by the way, why doesn't this "Owl" person have enough guts to address the issue himself? Maybe that six- or seven-year-old kid who's been trying to see where her travel bug is every day for the last year is still waiting. Or maybe just the person who BOUGHT a TB and BOUGHT something to hook onto it and SPENT the time to create it just to have someone steal it away and not letting him know where it is at all.

Thank you, mooremonkeys, for having the class to log them.

Ok all reading, we have released all the TBs from their prison. This really was a fun & challenging cache. We do not agree with the non logging of TBs but if that were not an issue with this cache we would recommend this cache to anyone in good physical condition. Yes you do go into a cave and not just a crack but it is not Carlsbad Craverns either. Equipment needed is a good light source and appropriate clothing. Caution needed but you only go into the cave 125 feet or so. You really can not get lost in this cave, straight shot in, straight shot out. As far as the comment about "cracking his head" and where were the helmets, we were not even in one of the caves when that happened. We are serious hikers and have been in challenging terrain before. Anyone considering this cache should definetly pay attention to the terrain rating. We are all out to have fun so let the Geocaching game continue BUT LOG YOUR BUGS!

Well, ha! I guess my prison is empty....for the time being. I have a skull on the way from California...He'll be doing some serious time and Mario from Louisiana was caught speeding and is being sent up the river as we speak. Mooremonkey's cache caught a breeze of luck as I was only hours away from snatching another bug...it was taken before I could get there. I'm proud to have seen the A&T Hikers at their best...rescuing the prisoned at all costs! Please tell me more about your trip....did it really cost you that much money?

-Missionary

Well, if we're quoting the Bible, I think we need to remember Matthew 25:36 "Matthew 25:36

Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me." So it looks like we need to come to the prison to free these bugs. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by A&T HIKERS:

Ok all reading, we have released all the TBs from their prison. This really was a fun & challenging cache. We do not agree with the non logging of TBs but if that were not an issue with this cache we would recommend this cache to anyone in good physical condition. Yes you do go into a cave and not just a crack but it is not Carlsbad Craverns either. Equipment needed is a good light source and appropriate clothing. Caution needed but you only go into the cave 125 feet or so. You really can not get lost in this cave, straight shot in, straight shot out. As far as the comment about "cracking his head" and where were the helmets, we were not even in one of the caves when that happened. We are serious hikers and have been in challenging terrain before. Anyone considering this cache should definetly pay attention to the terrain rating. We are all out to have fun so let the Geocaching game continue BUT LOG YOUR BUGS!

If you do not venture past the point where you can see daylight (called the twilight zone by cavers), complete caving equipment is not necessary.

Glad you found the cache before going any farther.

If it would be possible to go beyond the twilight zone if the cache was not found, it would be MANDATORY for safety to follow all caving rules.

These include but are not limited to:

at least 3 GOOD sources of light per person

at least THREE persons in the party

HELMETS

APPROPRIATE CLOTHING

At least ONE person in the party having previous caving experience

Not only in this cache, but oftentimes people placing caches do not think about what terain and or trouble the person seeking the cache might get into if they do not find the cache and continue to search a litle bit away from their posted coordinates.

Many caches are VERY DANGEROUS if the seeker does not follow the same path the placer did.

Of course it is up to the individual cacher to "know his (her) limitations".

Caint never did nothing.

GDAE, Dave

2 more cents worth. We've been caching for a few months, and reading this forum only a few days. I find the response run from right on, to way out in left field. Missionary and Owl may have pulled a geocache faux pas, by not logging the TBs. Log the TBs, no problems. Did we enter without some basic equipment, and endanger ourselves, no. Damage the interior of the cave, possibly, but several hundred??? people have already been in the cave before. We like the more difficult caches, this one took 3 trips. We posted to humor you guys, my wife really did sit in the entrails of a dead animal, I did slip outside, yes, outside, bust my rear as well as my head, humor guys, sharing an adventure. You don't have to take it all too serious. The Prison was a great place to cache, we had fun, and that's the name of the game.

Alan of A&T HIKERS

Thanks for clarifying A&T... oh and Klove, Soylent Green... yeah, there's training...no one wants to go to a foreign country and then not be able to answer peoples' questions. Plus, if possible, it's a good idea to be fluent in the language of the place you go. icon_wink.gif

-Missionary (we're all called)

I like Missionary, and I think I hear in his tone, "Let's keep this in perspective".

Good luck in your missionary work, a tough field no matter which direction you go.

Many missionaries end up in prison, or worse..

I hope you stay safe.

My next bug (first bug, actually) is going to be a baaaad bug, headed your way.. icon_wink.gif

"There's no need to be afraid of strange noises in the night. Anything that intends you harm will stalk you silently."

Just a note:

The Warden idea is AWESOME!

Just an update:

The prison now as of 3-15-2004 contains nine (9) prisoners.

The creators of the I.T.B.P. , the Owl, Valiant, and Missionary believe the Warden will fullfill his duties - if not, we will set up a M.I.T.B.P. (Maximum Infamous Travel Bug Prison) Let us hope this doesn't have to happen.

<semi-evil laugh>

-Missionary

(We're all called)