Bioimplanted GPS for serious cache-aholics...

Check it out HERE.

Never worry about leaving your GPS behind again. icon_razz.gif

Applied Digital Solutions, a technology

development company, yesterday said it has

created and successfully field-tested a prototype of

a GPS implant for humans.

The dimensions of this initial "personal location

device," or PLD, prototype are said to be 2.5

inches in diameter by 0.5 inches in depth, roughly

the size of a pacemaker. Once inserted into a

human, the device can be tracked by Global

Positioning Satellite technology and the

information relayed wirelessly to the Internet,

where an individual's location, movements and

vital signs can be stored in a database for future

reference. [/quote

Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Now you just need to attache it to a bio implanted bomb and you can keep people inside their assigned 'zone'.

And then you get one of the moment when the GPS does one of those location shift placing the user just outside there zone. BOOM! ..

One less CRIMINAL icon_biggrin.gif

Team Sand Dollar

quote:
Originally posted by Team Sand Dollar:

And then you get one of the moment when the GPS does one of those location shift placing the user just outside there zone. BOOM! ..

One less CRIMINAL icon_biggrin.gif

Team Sand Dollar

We could call that the popcorn effect.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

we continue to pursue further enhancements, especially with regard to miniaturization and the power supply. We should be able to reduce the size of the device dramatically before the end of this year."

Dang, at current size, I cant think of anywhere internal I wanna carry it, nor have it inserted ! Besides, the antenna hanging out would probably be a real social turn-off. icon_redface.gif

Two roads diverged in the woods and I,

I took the one less traveled,

and that is how I found the cache.

Um, if it is implanted.... how big of an antenna does it have? I really don't want to walk into a windowless building and have my arm blown off.

On the plus side, it could make solving multistep caches easier! Just wait until a implanted person has finished it and go to the location they spent the most time at while on the hunt. Hopefully that won't turn out to be the local Dennys. icon_smile.gif

"Sorry honey, it seems he had diareaa today while hunting. Yes, we DO have to check every place he stopped! No, it wouldn't be easier to just figure out quadratic equations on my own."

-Jennifer

Age does not bring wisdom, but it does give perspective.

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Now you just need to attache it to a bio implanted bomb and you can keep people inside their assigned 'zone'.

There's a really good bad movie with Christopher Lambert called "Fortress" which uses roughly the same concept to keep people where they're supposed to be within a prison. The devices are called "intestinators" IIRC. It was a pretty bad movie, but a great concept film.

--

Random fortune:

sigimage.php

quote:
Originally posted by The Delta-S Family:

Check it out http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=32572

Never worry about leaving your GPS behind again. icon_razz.gif

Even more disturbing is farther down in the article where it mentions "Moving towards a cachless society" icon_eek.gif

There's another article about this here, and a sure-to-be-paranoid discussion about it on Slashdot here.

- - - - -

What are goosebumps for?

To slow down the geese!

This is great! Now we don't have to wander around with our arm extended studying a screen. Maybe we could just have a little earphone that would whisper "getter warm, warmer, getting really warm, colder...over THERE stupid..."

Then we would just look like people hunting for cans in the weeds, and save ourselves the embarrassment of explaining that we actually spent several hundred dollars to hunt things in the weeds.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.