off topic* planning for future

Guest SpyderWolf_Pack

Guest SpyderWolf_Pack

I know this has nothing to do with geocaching- but maybe it does? With the attacks yesterday are you making any type of survival plans? I am worried about more attacks in the future, especially this winter when they could take out power and people could freeze!

One survivalist site recommends making cache's of supplies. I don't plan to do that, but i do plan on having a lot of firewood, can goods, handcrank radio, batteries, candles, flashlights, etc.

Any thoughts? am i being to paranoid?

Ravin tongue.gif

Guest martinp13

Yes. But then again, just because you AREN'T paranoid doesn't mean they AREN'T out to get you. icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

> Martin

Magellan 330 (1.56/WAAS enabled!)

Don't have time to program and record your shows while geocaching? Get a TiVo !

Guest martinp13

Yes. But then again, just because you AREN'T paranoid doesn't mean they AREN'T out to get you. icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

> Martin

Magellan 330 (1.56/WAAS enabled!)

Don't have time to program and record your shows while geocaching? Get a TiVo !

quote:
Originally posted by SpyderWolf_Pack:

One survivalist site recommends making cache's of supplies. I don't plan to do that, but i do plan on having a lot of firewood, can goods, handcrank radio, batteries, candles, flashlights, etc.

Any thoughts? am i being to paranoid?

Ravin tongue.gif

I don't think paranoid is the right word. It's common sense to have a few extra supplies in case of a power outage, storm, earthquake, fire, flood, etc. BUT it is a mistake to start acting out of fear. That is EXACTLY what terrorist want to achieve and, if you start being fearful, they have won.

Remember when Kadafi kept promoting small terrorist attacks against the U.S. until Ronald Reagan bombed the crap out of Kadafi's home? Remember how Kadafi stopped?

You ain't seen nuthin yet.

When the left is in power they want to "dialog" and negotiate with scum bags, ad nauseum but the right has far less patience.

In this case, even the most left leaning polticians don't appear to be in the mood to push "diplomacy".

Bin Laden, and those like him, are toast.

Gus Morrow

Oceanside, CA

Guest Snowtrail

I have always had a hurricane supply closet for many years, and when I moved 200 miles inland, it then became a power failure supply closet. It's about a week's worth of food, batteries, a NOAA radio, a 5 gal container of gasoline, etc. We have a UPS backup for the copmputer already and we're going to get a house generator soon to add to the mix. Anti-terrorist kit? Sure. Anti-hurricane/snow storm/power outage/y2k/idiot-running-into-the-electric- lines-again kit? Sure, it's that too. Never hurts to have these things on hand, just make sure you check on them to make sure everything's stocked and not spoiled, etc.

Check out www.backwoodshome.com for survival type supplies. I usually ignore the political sections and just jump into the sections that I'm really interested in.

Also check out http://www.lehmans.com

Either site is an interesting read even if you're not going to buy anything.