How often does every one hit the trails ?

Guest BIGED

Guest Peter Scholtz

Since a few months ago this desk bound techno geek went nowhere and did nothing (in particular).

Now I'm hiding caches as fast as I can seek them - it's starting to take off in South Africa ...

Mostly weekends.

------------------

Peter Scholtz

www.biometrics.co.za

Guest Ron Streeter

In the beginning when I was totally "nutso" over this sport, I went out three days in a row about 4 weeks in a row. Lucky enough to have Fridays off for a while.

Now I go out about every other week for one weekend day.

Part of the slacking off is that I have found most caches within 45 crow-flying miles (make that 60 to 75 miles by car) and the others are starting to get further away.

One thing I did not do was go out at night. Several people who found a couple of mine were looking for them with flashlights...now that's obsessed !

BTW...I've placed 18 and found 15 so that's another reason I'm slowing down...I didn't pace myself !

To would be critics...yes, I took my time and made (I think) good placements. I didn't just throw things in a container and throw the container down on the ground !

Guest Markwell

Definite weekend warrior around here. Most caches in my immediate vicinity are at least an hour's drive away, and with a 5 year old and 18 month old that I watch in the evenings, I have to beg to be able to get out for a couple of hours on the weekend!

Guest makaio

I started geocaching last September and only get out once or twice a month at best. I too have a child (12 months now) and she's been geocaching with me since almost the start. She found her first cache at 7 months. It's a great way to get her out to enjoy nature and give Mom a greak at the same time. She loves hiking (since Dad does all the work) and doesn't care whether we find the cache or not. It does have it's risks, however. On her 2nd hunt, I moved a small branch aside as I ducked under it, but it slipped out of my hand and whacked her across the face (she's in the backpack). Mom was none too pleased when I returned her daughter damaged icon_smile.gif

Guest makaio

I started geocaching last September and only get out once or twice a month at best. I too have a child (12 months now) and she's been geocaching with me since almost the start. She found her first cache at 7 months. It's a great way to get her out to enjoy nature and give Mom a greak at the same time. She loves hiking (since Dad does all the work) and doesn't care whether we find the cache or not. It does have it's risks, however. On her 2nd hunt, I moved a small branch aside as I ducked under it, but it slipped out of my hand and whacked her across the face (she's in the backpack). Mom was none too pleased when I returned her daughter damaged icon_smile.gif

Guest MadGPS

BIGED

I divide my 24hr day in 3!!

8hrs to sleep

8hrs to work

8hrs to play hard icon_biggrin.gif

PS: the "8hrs to work" is to get a breather !! icon_wink.gif

MadGPS icon_biggrin.gif

Guest MadGPS

BIGED

I divide my 24hr day in 3!!

8hrs to sleep

8hrs to work

8hrs to play hard icon_biggrin.gif

PS: the "8hrs to work" is to get a breather !! icon_wink.gif

MadGPS icon_biggrin.gif

Guest charlesml

For this week(and may be only this week), I found 6 caches in 4 days, but I get really tired, I can barely move my legs now...I think I will do it about once a week on the weekend.

Guest Moun10Bike

g lunchtime. Hiding always takes me longer, as I try to take time finding and deciding on a good location, so that's usually a weekend job. Lately, work has been pretty brutal (working 7 days a week for 12+ hours each day), so caching time is drastically reduced.

Guest charlesml

quote:
Originally posted by Moun10Bike:

working 7 days a week for 12+ hours each day

wow! that's some really long working hours! This job is not for me...(may be I am too lazy)

Guest Moun10Bike

quote:
Originally posted by charlesml:

wow! that's some really long working hours! This job is not for me...(may be I am too lazy)

These are not normal hours -- just whenever we ship a product (which unfortunately is every summer)!

I have been to the Aztec UFO cache twice, several weeks to a month apart, and both times my gps took me to the same place. I have examined nearly every rock and tree within 300 feet of the coordinates, but haven't found it. I wonder if it's still there and how long ago those guy check to see if it was still there. There is a bike trail all around it and maybe the mountain bikers found it and removed it. I found the marker for the UFO site and the alien face, but no cache. What is the container? What am I looking for? How hard is it hidden. I even crawled under overhanging rocks and ledges and through crawl spaces in rocks, but nothing but rodent droppings. Hope that's not what I'm looking for.

Guest Gossamyrrh

Like most, I hunt on the weekends. Otherwise, I scheme as to which I can get in and out of before nightfall and gates start to lock. I've considered hunting at night, but only the ones with a 1/1 rating!

Guest Exocet

I go after caches on the weekends. Usually either a saturday OR a sunday or my girlfriend will complain. icon_smile.gif

I rarely go after a cache during on a weekday unless it's very close and pretty darn easy to get to.

Guest Exocet

I go after caches on the weekends. Usually either a saturday OR a sunday or my girlfriend will complain. icon_smile.gif

I rarely go after a cache during on a weekday unless it's very close and pretty darn easy to get to.

Guest chipper

I hit the trails everytime my wife and I have the same day off. I found out it's a lot more fun to find the caches with a partner than by yourself. It works out to be about once a week. I'm starting to run out of caches to find. The next cache I'm going after is a 4 hour round trip drive.

Guest bunkerdave

I have been caching since April 27th. Since then I have logged 18 finds, plus one that was destroyed by bulldozers. I have been out pretty much every other day. Last Saturday I took the whole day and found five, and traveled 270 miles to get them. It also required about nine miles of hiking. I won't be pulling a stunt like that any time again soon.

Guest gstrong1

I work nights, so I can usually get out on weekdays when there are fewer people around.I try to place 1 & find 2 every week.So far,found 15--placed 7.Not many more local caches, so it looks like its going to be Saturday and/or Sunday cache trips.

------------------

Gary "Gimpy" Strong

Rochester,NY