I quit

No more forums but for NE, I don't need headaches. I think I see the reason to quit.

I don't like "how do I use my GPS without reading the manual?", you can use a computer and not ask stupid questions, get a grip... "what GPS should I buy?" DUMBASS, what computer to buy ? " I'm stupid, help me be political"

I'll miss a few of you that had something worthwhile to say, I've read alot of the same old questions. Night crew...

CCC (bye gang)

flame away

If you intend to quit over the fact that there are stupid people around, you've got a death wish, man!

In any given (or taken) social sample you'll be amazed to discover about 78% dips, 20% reasonables, and the rest would account for, er, water vapor and noble gases...

Remember, if God didn't love stupids, He wouldn't have made so many of them!

There has to be a purpose in these proportions, whether we see it or not. Maybe the brainless rarify the genial part so the world doesn't burn up at once? Same as nitrogen does in the atmosphere?

Ignore it, there's no other way.

I figure I'm a noob, it's my job to ask stupid questions, eventually it'll be my turn to answer them, then eventually it'll be my turn to IGNORE them. If you can't do that, ya might as well quit.

I'd rather answer a stupid question, than hear somebody whine about having to read one.

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures

Bye!!! You have no control over the forums, makes you mad. You read the topic, what makes you click it? Whos the idiot? Do you know how stupid we all look? If joe public was to read these forums what kind of opinion would he have about us geocachers? I bet you (CCC) never asked for help on something you didn't understand huh. Just because someone doesn't understand a GPSr makes him/her an idiot? Who the hell do you think you are, judge, prosecutor, and executioner? I'm sick of cold, hateful people such as yourself, no need to be that way. I'm glad you found the OFF button. Lets just offend every new person that comes here to get info. This action will surely expand our sport...

Rino 110

MeriGreen 128

I would think that the crazy Newbie questions should be automatically sent Here, and that would help things alot.

If the Server that this Messageboard was on, had Artificial Intelligence, then It could rework the repeat questions, so that those would automatically be moved to an already existing Topic. If the message asked about which gps to buy, then the server would relocate it to the apropriate section of the Message board. This Message board is about people, but it could also use more intelligent software too. If somebody again asked if the Vista was better than the Platinum, the software should be able to scan the database and put the question in the appropriate place and also the software could give an immiate answer back to the person who is confused about what unit to spend their money on.

Im pretty serious about the Newbie or Repeat Question detection software that should help things alot, then we would have more time to dream up new ideas on this board. Like one idea of mine is to invent a new Sub-notebook computer that has built-in GPS and wireless internet also. Now that would be a great device.

Always different...Hit refresh

maze?70+35+3+2+0+170+0+0+255+255+255

If you are a smoker, then Quiters aways win.

[This message was edited by GOT GPS? on April 18, 2003 at 04:59 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by DeerChaser & Poni:

Bye!!! You have no control over the forums, makes you mad. You read the topic, what makes you click it? Whos the idiot? Do you know how stupid we all look? If joe public was to read these forums what kind of opinion would he have about us geocachers? I bet you (CCC) never asked for help on something you didn't understand huh. Just because someone doesn't understand a GPSr makes him/her an idiot? Who the hell do you think you are, judge, prosecutor, and executioner? I'm sick of cold, hateful people such as yourself, no need to be that way. I'm glad you found the OFF button. Lets just offend every new person that comes here to get info. This action will surely expand our sport...

Rino 110

MeriGreen 128

WOW DC! You go dude!

icon_biggrin.gif

Does anyone have some cache on them?

Oh, I get it, Cape Cod Cacher is quitting the FORUMS, not geocaching.

Yeah, I empathize with you, CCC. Camera forums are the same way. Nobody wants to made a blatantly STUPID decision, so they ask an expert. The expert knows that there are no stupid decisions, only learning experiences.

If you buy the worst camera available, can you still make amazing photographs? YES!

If you buy the worst GPS available, can you still find where you are? YES!

The only problem comes when the item in question flat out doesn't work. Otherwise, RTFM!

I was considering quiting and was wondering how best to do it. Also, when quiting, what would take in your backpack? Are there any Markwells to threads discussing favorite reasons to quit? icon_biggrin.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

After a detailed and thorough study of post quality, here are my findings:

35% of all posts are whining and/or sniveling.

35% of all posts are are complaining about the whining/sniveling. (This includes a subset of .3% who are fed up ang going to quit.)

10% of all posts are trolling.

10% of all posts are meaningless to everyone but the poster.

The remaining 10% (including all of MINE) are actually worth reading.

Remember 90% of all statistics used in casual discourse are made up on the spot.

An un-scientific observation: those who quit often leave the community better off.

Dave_W6DPS

My two cents worth, refunds available on request. (US funds only)

quote:
Originally posted by shecacher:

He posted in the smoking forum after quiting.

That's a great idea, let's have a smoking forum and a non-smoking forum. I hate it when I am trying to digest a nice posting, and some smoker lights up at their keyboard.

Oh. You meant the smoking thread. Never mind.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

.sdrawkcab dootsrednu tub sdrawrof devil si efiL

I don't have a problem with the dumb questions, it's the people who think that they know everything that I have a problem with. I only have a few posts on this forum, for good reasoning, but I do spend time entertaining myself with all of these people who seem to think that they are geocaching gurus and that they know everything about the sport, or think that only their way of geocaching is right. That's pretty funny to me. I agree with you CCC (although if you quit reading these I guess you aren't getting this response), my time reading these forums has gotten to a minimum thanks to all of the cocky cachers out there who think that they are God's greatest gift to geocachers around the world. Ha.

For the most part, those who post that they're going to quit are just like those who call talk radio shows to say they're not going to listen any more 'cause they're pissed at the topic or host. They just want to vent--they don't stop listening.

The poor soul who says he's going to commit suicide doesn't want to, just wants help that they can't give themselves.

So, CCC, do you need help or do you just want to vent?

The doctor is 'IN' and waiting for your phone call.

Hey, lets lighten up on ole CCC. Every community has those that are ignorant and they all have their cranky types. Luckily the majority are good people who remember when they knew nothing about a subject and had to start asking "stupid" questions and appreciate the people who were kind enough to help out. Just as long as he doesn't go postal.

After looking at CCC's profile, looks like he quit caching back in 2001 though. And his 4 hidden caches are down to 1, 3 of them are down for lack of maintence I guess. But he did get his 200th post before quitting.

Do some find these forums more fun than the actual caching sport? Do we get credit for each post?

Or are these "DUMB*SS" questions that I am not supposed to ask? No need to answer, I think I know the answer. Excuse me, Have to go get my tongue out of my little cheeky.

[This message was edited by shecacher on April 18, 2003 at 10:13 AM.]

How do I turn my gps on? and what do you carry in your backpack? awww screw it... I quit.. icon_mad.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.