TEAM KFWB GPS

canadazuuk

That looks like an easy one.

Why so much money, are you rich?

How come so many hides and no finds?

Cachers want to know.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Not so sure, Somewhat new Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

I know that if I had a buttload of money, I'd be making all kinds of kewl/valuable caches. For now, the best thing I've put in one of my caches was an official Garmin eTrex leather type case... and in this next one that I'm hiding, I have a PCMCIA (or whatever it is) card that is a reader for CF, Smartmedia, Memort Stick, and SD/MMC cards. I don't even know what something like that is worth - my cousin gave it to me from a printer he had, and I don't have anything that uses those cards.

But yeah - I'd be one of those "goofy people giving away kewl ****" if I had the means. icon_smile.gif

geobanana.gif

The NEW Toe Pages

The most expensive thing I ever put in a cache was an automobile ice sensor. I saw it in the Sharper Image catalog for around $40. I had received it as a gift and decided it was too much trouble to install, so I put it in a cache.

Next to that, it was a new Geocaching.com hat.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on its hind legs, but by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" -Max Beerbohm

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

That looks like an easy one.

Why so much money, are you rich?

How come so many hides and no finds?

Cachers want to know.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Not so sure, Somewhat new Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

I think that a group is placing these caches but that they each have their own id's for logging their individual finds and hides.

Lou

When you read their profile, it says they've been involved for a *long* time with GPS type things. One can assume they have geocached along the way, maybe even logged finds with their own ID's.

It's very odd that there are a few people *complaining* about their caches or methods. Some think there is a conspiracy maybe?

Although the caches are on Vancouver Island primarily, anyone from Vancouver BC, or northwest WA state could find these, and take part.

quote:
Originally posted by canadazuuk:

When you read their profile, it says they've been involved for a *long* time with GPS type things. One can assume they have geocached along the way, maybe even logged finds with their own ID's.

It's very odd that there are a few people *complaining* about their caches or methods. Some think there is a conspiracy maybe?

So what are you hinting at? That in real life "they" are actually David J. Ulmer sneaking back from his self-imposed exile?

Nah, nobody would believe it, anyway.

Just got back from 2 Days in Victoria and looked at some of their hides. My guess is they are some type of surveyors because of the terminology and formats they use. Also the equipment they use.

Biggest problem we had was:

Do we do "MABY" 1 of their caches, or the 14 we got? We chose the 14 because it introduced us to more cool places and we are happy with our decision.

icon_geocachingwa.gif

Cachin's a bit sweeter when you've got an Isha!

From what I've seen, many of there caches are in places of development (for lack of a better word). ie. along new roads, edges of forestry cutblocks (past,present and future), near new subdivisions or near benchmarks. This would suggest to me that they are surveyors. They are obviously having a lot of fun doing it and I say all the power to them.

The other day, near "Steel Beach", I saw a guy with a yellow "Trimble" on a pole next to a unmarked white van. Hmmm...?