DO you let your kids hold the GPS ?

Guest bearboy

Guest bearboy

I took my 8 year old son out this weekend to look for a couple of caches. I showed him what to do on the first one and he found the next one by himself.I also took him out while hiding a cache.He loved it I think he is hooked.He even donated a few toys to put in future caches.He says he hopes there might be a toy in one he finds.(Hint to all Michigan Geocachers)

Guest JIntorcio

I have two sons, almost-5 and 6, who LOVE geocaching. It's called a treasure hunt in our house and the GPS is the "treasure finder". They carry it and make trail selections based on the bearing needle. I help with gentle suggestions like "this trail looks good to me" or "maybe we should look under some rocks around here?" We have a great time!

------------------

>>> John <<<

Guest Excession

I have two sons, aged 9 and 5, who love geocaching. (It is also called "treasure hunting" in our house). The older one understands the GPS and does well using it, though when we get close, he wants me to deal with it (so he can be the one to find the actual site). He even now understands that the GPS points us straight to the cache though that may not be the BEST way to get there -- probably learned the hard way. We always leave a toy or two in the cache as well, and we are planning to hide one in the near future.

Guest wtmrn

My 13 year old operates the etrex just fine, he even programs the coords correctly. any kid who can use a gameboy can pick it up in a few minutes.

Guest bradrobb

I let my son hold the GPS in the car for me and he tells me when I am speeding. He helped hide my first cache and we are hiding another this weekend.

Guest metro

My 11 year old son has used my etrex when with me several times, inclusive of hiding his first cache. My Webelos troop (10-12 year olds) have also taken turns in holding and following the gps to two caches.

------------------

metro