Kudos to Geocaching.com crew.

Pantalaimon

I'm amazed at all the bickering, insulting, mean spirited comments, and other negativity that I see on the Groundspeak forums. I mean, I guess I shouldn't be surprised, I see it in the real world every day too.

In fact, now that I think about it, who doesn't want to kick a puppy every now and then? Huh? Huh? Are you with me?

Anyway, with that said, I just want The Powers That Be at Geocaching.com to know that I think you're doing a fantastic job. Keep up the good work. Every month I send you three dollars, or, more accurately, you have my permission to take three dollars, and I don't get an extra darn thing for it. I mean, the options are there, I can use them if I want, but I pretty much don't. And that's GREAT to me. I mean, I love seeing that three bucks on my bank statement, because I want someone to get PAID for all the fun I'm having. I most likely would have never heard of this "sport" were it not for Geocaching.com.

If I could mail the three bucks a month to Jeremy directly every month, with a thank you note, I would. (Jeremy, send me your address.)

I don't think this game, as presented by this website, is burdened with too many rules. I understand that rules are necessary for a game such as this, and I believe the rules make things run smoother. I'm glad Jeremy is making the rules (at least that's how I see it, maybe he's not), and what's more, I think he makes a conscious effort to listen to the masses and make decisions with thoughtful reflection on our input.

HOWEVER, even if Jeremy swings the Summary Judgment axe too quickly based on his own opinion, god love him. The way I see it his decision to make.

Do I want that map showing what I found, and what's around me that I haven't found to work? Sure I do! But I understand there are bugs, and problems, and overwhelming obstacles to overcome, so I'll wait here patiently.

I accept without question the growth pains the website might be experiencing. I urge everyone else to also.

This post is too long as it is, I just wanted to reflect a bit. As much as I LOVE reading all the controversy and childish name calling on the posts, I can imagine that Jeremy, et al., get tired of the seemingly overwhelming negativity.

Thus, I post this.

Thank you Geocaching.com. You are my Woodstock.

I don't know what that means.

Pan

Cachito ergo sum. I Geocache, therefore I am.

quote:
Originally posted by Pantalaimon:

Thus, I post this.

Thank you Geocaching.com. You are my Woodstock.

I don't know what that means.

Pan

I don't know what it means either, but AMEN BROTHER!!!!!

WHAT HE SAID!!!

Nuff said.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

If the lord of geocaching makes a quick turn without warning your nose might snap off.

I know the moderators have a lot to do. They need help I'm certain. Maybe one day Jeremy will add a few moderators to lighten the load. I'm sure they'd appreciate that.

The mods have mananged to approve my caches in a timely fashion and I appreciate that. Quite often I'll submit a friday afternoon cache hoping that it gets approved for weekend cachers and it always does. Once I had one approved within a few minutes of my submitting it. The longest has been overnight.

Keep up the good work mods, I'm sure the LOG appreciates it nearly as much as we do.

I hear voices.....and they don't like you!

I really enjoy this game. I know a lot of people that started this a while back already had a gps and it was something to do with something they already had. The newer people (including me) have gone out and bought a gps JUST for this game.

Yeah, take my money....you've earned it!!

kc

row, row, row your boat

quote:
Originally posted by Lazyboy & Mitey Mite:

If the lord of geocaching makes a quick turn without warning your nose might snap off.

Unbelieveable.

Lazyboy & Mitey Mite, you've so thoroughly missed the point of my post its mindboggling. I make a post to thank the makers, and your very first comment in your response is one of sarcasm and insult.

I can only hypothesize that you love the arguments, name calling and controversey, so, like Merlin to Queen Mab, I turn my back on you with the hopes that you exist no longer.

Peace and long life. I hope you find happiness some day. I shant waste another moment replying to your comments.

Pan

Cachito ergo sum. I Geocache, therefore I am.