Virtual Travel Bug?

hydrashok407

I was browsing the Groundspeak Website, and I saw that you could clearly see the number left on the travel bug in the "Buy Travel Bugs" section. I tried to look the number up, and it apparently hasn't been issued yet.

What happened to that travel bug in that picture? Can I request that one specifically??? icon_smile.gif

The TB # is 103298

-=Jerry A. Goodson=- W5BFF aka hydrashok407 smile.gif KoolAid Drinker smile.gif

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Real peace is not just the absence of conflict, it's the presence of justice" - http://www.hydrashok.com

quote:
Originally posted by Snoogans:

quote:
Originally posted by canadazuuk:

You may request it from Jenny. Her # is 867-5309.

ROFLMAO!!!!

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

http://www.texasgeocaching.com Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

I don't get it? Who's Jenny?

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Real peace is not just the absence of conflict, it's the presence of justice" - http://www.hydrashok.com

quote:
Originally posted by Firehouse16 & Code3:
Originally posted by Breaktrack:

Why do I feel soooooooo old all of a sudden.....????? icon_frown.gif

QUOTE]

No if you were old you'd know the song, you must be either real old or real young! Welcome to the 1980's! LOL

Firehouse16 & Code3

"Dave, Teresa & the 2 kids"

Hahaha, that's the problem, I did know the song.... bought it when it first came out...sigh. I miss those days...lol.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Afghanistan was a battle. Iraq was a battle. The war goes on."

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy:

psst. It's a song tongue.gif

smile.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

Oh yeah! I remember the song from when I was little. (I'm only 26). I remember calling the number to see what would happen. It was out of service in my particular region (We didn't have the 867 exchange).

Wow... that was a LONG time ago (Mid-80s?)

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

I think that bug was called Virtual Victor. Since his number was on the website, they decided not to sell that particular tag. People were free to pick up the bug and drop it anywhere. It had over 1,000,000 miles on it, but I think it has been archived now. I'm sure someone wil correct me if my information is not accurate enough.

BTW, I watched 'Heaven Can Wait' on TV a couple days ago. Made me think back to when my Dad had an illegal cable box and the days when MTV first came out. They actually played music videos then, what a concept!

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness bandbass.gif

quote:
Originally posted by hydrashok407:

I remember calling the number to see what would happen. It was out of service in my particular region (We didn't have the 867 exchange).

In the San Jose area, I recall this being hooked into a Dial-a-joke answering machine for a while. Hilarious. tongue.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

Funny that this is coming up in the forums. When I got in my car afterwork yesterday that song was playing on the radio.

It was on a local station that claims they play "CLASSIC ROCK THAT REALLY ROCKS"!

Problem is I'm not old enought to hear music that I, too, purchased a cassette tape of played as a "classic".

Oh, well. At least it wasn't on an 8-track.

"Now may every living thing, young or old, weak or strong, living near or far, known or unknown, living or departed or yet unborn, may every living thing know happiness!"

quote:
Originally posted by canadazuuk:

And I have one more question:

What legendary band did the Bugles singer end up in for 1 album when that bands other singer left?

Why Yes,, I think I can answer this question Alec. icon_biggrin.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Vinyl, definitly vinyl.

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane