GPS Online Store?

Guest Quinnow

Guest Quinnow

For those of you that have bought or are planning to buy a GPS unit and or software from an online store, I would like to ask you all the following question so that it might help me as well as others in future purchases...

I would like to know what Online store you used to buy your item, what it was, and what made you pick that store in the first place?

Also if you have the price you paid for the item maybe you want to share that as well.

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

[This message has been edited by Quinnow (edited 04-03-2001).]

Guest Anton

SafeTrac GPS

http://www.safetracgps.com/

Bought Garmin 12-MAP, antenna & accessories. Price was excellent, but irrelevant now - purchased last year, price dropped, & there are newer models out now. Friendly service.

Anton

------------------

Anton Ninno, N2RUD

Syracuse, NY 13210

Guest IronHelix

I used advancedGPS.com and ordered an eTrex Vista and some accessories. According to the site they will ship tomorrow (actually its today now... I love caffeine).

Guest Snowtrail

Bought mine from Amazon.com because it was referred to on this website. I did a little research beforehand, so I knew what I was doing. I went to a cache in Ocean Isle and ran across TheGPSStore.com this past weekend. I recommended to them that they needed to link geocaching.com on thier website since it was such a nice match. I might buy my next upgrade from them just for doing so.

Guest Robereno

I also went with Amazon.com because it was referred by this site. Got the emap deluxe package deal. I suppose if you shop around you might find it cheaper but I?ve been pretty happy with Amazons service, so far.

Guest CaptHawke

www.4X4books.com

I purchased the basic eTrex, plus PC cable and bicycle handlebar mount and saved $6 over what I would have paid at Amazon, $106.72 vs $166.87, including S&H. Plus I got a free bumper sticker, 'WORK S*CKS! I'm Going To Moab.'

I don't have a 4X4, but found this place a couple years back when I was planning a bicycle trip for the remote backroads of Utah. A good source of maps, guidebooks and software for anyone heading out on the road less traveled. Excellent service.

Guest Quinnow

quote:
Originally posted by IronHelix:

I used advancedGPS.com and ordered an eTrex Vista and some accessories. According to the site they will ship tomorrow (actually its today now... I love caffeine).

Iron...have you heard back from them yet as to if they shipped it or charged your credit card?

I ordered mine from same place but am not certain of the status yet.

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest Quinnow

quote:

nothing as of Wednesday, the website still says shipping on 4/4.

hmmm...I talked to them via e-mail and she had said that she was sending them out yesterday. Maybe I misunderstood or maybe she got her delivery later than she had thought.

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest IronHelix

its not necessarily bad because I put in the comments field not to request confirmation before shipping... ship away. I just sent them an email asking for an update...

Guest Quinnow

quote:

its not necessarily bad because I put in the comments field not to request confirmation before shipping... ship away. I just sent them an email asking for an update...

I keep looking at my charge account on the net and it hasn't been charged yet, but she did tell me mine would be going out in first batch. so thats why I was wondering, hope we get them soon...getting itchy!

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest IronHelix

just tore the package open on my new Vista. This is really small.

To give you an idea, take some AA batteries. Its 2 long, 1 wide, 1/2 deep.

I'll post a review in the Equipment forum once I've had a chance to play w/ it a bit

Guest Moun10Bike

quote:

just tore the package open on my new Vista.

You sure know how to hurt a guy (#29 on the backorder list at TVNAV and still waiting)! icon_smile.gif

Guest Moun10Bike

quote:

just tore the package open on my new Vista.

You sure know how to hurt a guy (#29 on the backorder list at TVNAV and still waiting)! icon_smile.gif

Guest Quinnow

quote:
Originally posted by Moun10Bike:

Moun10Bike...got some bad news for you, i contacted that place you ordered your vista from and they made a mistake. You are not #29 in the waiting list for a unit, you are # 1129 on the list. said that you should be getting it as soon as #%@#$ freezes over! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif J/K

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

[This message has been edited by Quinnow (edited 04-06-2001).]

Guest Quinnow

quote:
Originally posted by Moun10Bike:

Moun10Bike...got some bad news for you, i contacted that place you ordered your vista from and they made a mistake. You are not #29 in the waiting list for a unit, you are # 1129 on the list. said that you should be getting it as soon as #%@#$ freezes over! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif J/K

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

[This message has been edited by Quinnow (edited 04-06-2001).]

Guest Moun10Bike

Hmmm, bad news. I guess large batches of the early Vistas are defective. Garmin has issued a recall notice for the state of New York and is requesting that New York Vista owners send theirs in for further testing. If you are one of these New York Vista owners, let me know and I'll e-mail you my...er, I mean, Garmin's address so that you can get this little problem taken care of. icon_wink.gif

Guest Moun10Bike

Hmmm, bad news. I guess large batches of the early Vistas are defective. Garmin has issued a recall notice for the state of New York and is requesting that New York Vista owners send theirs in for further testing. If you are one of these New York Vista owners, let me know and I'll e-mail you my...er, I mean, Garmin's address so that you can get this little problem taken care of. icon_wink.gif

Guest Quinnow

TVNAV is now sending out the vista in the order that they were placed. Note: one will be shipped out per week, so Moun10Bike if you call me from your cell phone while out caching i'll tell you the "go left, go right" directions from my vista! icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest Quinnow

TVNAV is now sending out the vista in the order that they were placed. Note: one will be shipped out per week, so Moun10Bike if you call me from your cell phone while out caching i'll tell you the "go left, go right" directions from my vista! icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest Moun10Bike

quote:
Originally posted by Quinnow:

Moun10Bike if you call me from your cell phone while out caching i'll tell you the "go left, go right" directions from my vista! icon_biggrin.gif

Believe me, the words coming back from my end wouldn't be nearly so nice! icon_smile.gif

Guest Moun10Bike

quote:
Originally posted by Quinnow:

Moun10Bike if you call me from your cell phone while out caching i'll tell you the "go left, go right" directions from my vista! icon_biggrin.gif

Believe me, the words coming back from my end wouldn't be nearly so nice! icon_smile.gif