Why so many "TNLN"s

I almost always take something and leave something. Often times I just take something from one cache and leave it in the next.

Yes, it's all about the hunt, but I find observing the items/junk in caches interesting. It's sort of a warped study of human behavior.

On the other hand, when I'm reading the logs of my own or others caches posted online, TNLN is perfectly OK with me, but what I really like are the comments about "beautiful park," "clever hide," "great container," etc.

If it's just "TNLN" it's a little disappointing.

In other words, TNLN but write something, anything. It's the human thing to do. icon_wink.gif

==============="If it feels good...do it"================

**(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")**

To me, while TNLN are fine, they do represent a "missed opportunity" to improve the cache.

I try to trade up, probably don't always succeed, but one man's gold is another's garbage..

I think it would be very cool if instead of caches degrading, they got better and beter and better... of course, that would make it all the more annoying when some jerk loots the cache.

question to pharmadude...how do you feel about folks that TN and leave a "calling card" that says they found the cache...They are leaving something??? I think you may want to step back and look at what you are saying and think about why this sport/game was founded and why there is not a "Rule Page" with 500 do's and dont's...relax you will leave longer and remember what Ben Franklin said (below)

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Ben Franklin (1706-1790)

beerchug.gif

quote:
Originally posted by carivercpl:

question to pharmadude...how do you feel about folks that TN and leave a "calling card" that says they found the cache...They are leaving something???

They are leaving a sig item, which while not necessarily of value to others, is valuable to geocachers as a special item. This is a good way out of the disappointing trades. Leave a sig item and take one of the ones that are there from the cache owner or from other cachers. No longer TNLN(AMRIMTC)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nebraskache/