Pictures from Cache

I did have a problem before with pictures that were sometimes to dark and sometimes to light..

FACT! in the night I turn the brightnes of my monitor down so everyting looks darker on the screen.. when i change brightness on pictures in the night i'm always making pictures to bright..

In the daytime its the same only the pictures are to dark because i got the contrast of the monitor to high,...

SOLUTION! I have microsoft office 2002 and there is a program called "Microsoft Photo Editor" when I edit a foto in there i just take the option AUTO BALANCE and the brightnes is automaticly set to a right value..

Hope it works for you. .

Irresisti

N12º 55.475

E100º 52.865

If flash is working, and pictures are too dark, try taking without a flash. With my digital camera, and I have stuff in the back ground that I want as well as foreground, I take the picture without the flash. This causes a longer shuttertime, which means you have to hold the camera steady, but sometimes the pictures turn out better.

Well, the geocities links worked for me. Good job with the picture, considering how bad the original was. Most of them are much worse. I downloaded and played with a few in Photoshop, but the faces are just too dark. The only way you'll get decent prints is to take the negatives to a good photo-finishing place that knows how to compensate for underexposed negatives. Then scan and tweak them with photo editing software.

Assuming it was a disposable camera, the problems are clear. First, the flash wasn't working or wasn't used. Second, the shutter speed was too fast. It's usually a fixed speed optimized for bright conditions, not the forest. Third, the bright backgrounds (one picture had the sun in the background) overpower the dark portions, including the face.

rdw

I recently learned a lesson on cache cameras. I picked up my fully exposed camera from this cache and replaced it with new camera. The original camera (from REI) had a simple button you pressed to charge the flash. You have to press the button for each picture. This is a good thing! The camera I replaced it with had a small lever you pulled out to activate the flash. You guessed it - the first or second person to use the new camera failed to close the lever, and the flash battery was drained.

PS_sig.gif