Getting coordinates...

Seay me

Just got into Geocaching yesterday, it seems like a great activity!! I got the yellow entry level garmin etrex, I'll update if I find the need to.

I do have a question though, hope this is the right place to ask....

Is there a website I can go to to type in a street address and get the approximate coordinates? I've looked on google, but can't seem to find anything.

Thanks,

Chip

The best place I've found it http://mapsonus.com/

Once you enter the address and pull up a map you need to click on the pull-down menu on the bottom that says "Map clicking will:" and select "Show Long/Lat".

Not the most straightforward method. Mapquest and MapsOnUs both allow you to enter coordinates and pull up a map, but MapsOnUs seems to be the only one that works in reverse as well.

Hope this helps!

Matt

Did you also receive software from Garmin?

You can find the coords on their map.

Kb

quote:
Originally posted by Seay me:

Just got into Geocaching yesterday, it seems like a great activity!! I got the yellow entry level garmin etrex, I'll update if I find the need to.

I do have a question though, hope this is the right place to ask....

Is there a website I can go to to type in a street address and get the approximate coordinates? I've looked on google, but can't seem to find anything.

Thanks,

Chip

In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few. -- Shunryu Suzuki

Drive Fast, Take Chances. --(amongst others) Jon Bedford