How many within 100 miles of your home coordinates?

Dru Morgan

I used zip code, it's a small town. There are 980 caches within 100 miles of where I live. I guess I'll be busy for a long, long time. I have plans to hide quite a few more. Shopped the other day for containers and goodies. Now to find where I put those log books I picked up last week.....

I live just over an hour from NYC.

Cache you later,

Planet

OK, there are 123 within 100 miles of my home coordinates...........BU-UT the driving mileage is waaaaaaaayyyyyyyy much more!! Example GC17F8 is shown as 55.5 miles. From the house to the put in either to float or most of the time not possible to hike in is right at 90 miles and you still have a 2 to 3 hour float to the site and another 1 to 2 hours to the take out point. I am not complaining because it is a gorgeous trip. But 55.5 miles...barely as the crow flies and the ones that are 100 miles out require 5 hour driving times one way. So we don't get to too many of them. Now you have to understand us Arkies don't drive by distance, but by "time". Ask us how far it is to somewhere and we reply with how long it takes.

quote:
Originally posted by kayak'n:

OK, there are 123 within 100 miles of my home coordinates...........BU-UT the driving mileage is waaaaaaaayyyyyyyy much more!! Example GC17F8 is shown as 55.5 miles. From the house to the put in either to float or most of the time not possible to hike in is right at 90 miles and you still have a 2 to 3 hour float to the site and another 1 to 2 hours to the take out point. I am not complaining because it is a gorgeous trip. But 55.5 miles...barely as the crow flies and the ones that are 100 miles out require 5 hour driving times one way. So we don't get to too many of them. Now you have to understand us Arkies don't drive by distance, but by "time". Ask us how far it is to somewhere and we reply with how long it takes.

Ouch! That's gotta hurt! Looks like someone needs to start placing a few caches, eh?

Cache you later,

Planet

I feel much more like I do now than when I first got here.

I started this thread and there were 940 from my house. Now there are 1078. Nice little jump there. I don't think a day goes by that either here in Southern California or up in the Bay Area don't have at least one new cache placed.

Also, if you view the results of the poll, do you notice that it is a reverse bell curve? Hmmm, what does that mean?

stealyourcache.gif Half my life is spent explaining to Christians why I am a deadhead. The other half is spent explaining to deadheads why I am a Christian. -Dru Morgan

But then, I saw a few posting fewer from their locations.

128 within 100 miles from my home in St. Albans, WV. It seems like the farther you are from Charleston, WV, the more caches there are within your 100 mile radius. There are a number of people hiding caches in the Charleston area now, but we keep getting distracted and hide some farther away. Our latest hide is about 2-3 hours from here (using the Arkansas measurement system.)