Complaint Dept!!

Seeker BP

hah,

I put a Brand Spankin New Mag Light double A cell in the Travelin' Cache and it is sweet. I think it will go with the next person to find the cache. dadgum I'm awesome icon_cool.gif Ok whatever but Yeah I took care of this one. I will be placing used, dirty, nasty, smelly, McToys in the rest of my caches now that I spent all of my money. icon_smile.gif

J/K icon_biggrin.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Oh for crying out loud! Now it's three dadgum pages of complaints to complain about. Fortunately it's the same number of clicks to get here.

If your house catches afire, and there aint no water around,

If your house catches afire, and there aint no water around,

Throw your jelly out the window; let the dog-gone shack burn down.

**Huddie Ledbetter**

I just thought of a 5th complaint:

People who don't even give a hint as to where they live in their profile. If we knew whereabouts you lived, we might better understand why you are the way you are!

The closest I ever got to a 4.0 in College was my blood alcohol content.

Jura lbhe fgnaqvat gurer ba gur genvy qrpelcgvat gur uvag. Bayl gb svaq gung vg'f guvf ovt ybat qrfpevcgvba sebz gur cnexvat nern gb gur pnpur nern. Gur bayl cneg bs gur uvag gung pna uryc lbh,juvyr lbhe arne gur pnpur, vf bayl n pbhcyr bs jbeqf ybat. Gura vg'f fb trareny gung vg'f ab uryc ng nyy.

Whfg n jnfgr bs gvzr gb qrpelcg. Fb jul chg nyy gung trareny vasb va gur rapelcgrq frpgvba? Jul abg whfg cynpr vg va gur pnpur qrfpevcgvba?

nixweiss.gif

Preparation, the first law to survival.

39197_400.jpg

1. I also wonder why people cannot cover the cache back up so someone passing by won't accidently discover and steal it? Perhaps they think that since they found it, they don't care if it gets compromised now. icon_mad.gif

2. Some people take something of value and leave a penny or used ink pen or something of much less value. Come on friends, let's keep this ball rollin'. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

...People who don't even give a hint as to where they live in their profile. If we knew whereabouts you lived, we might better understand why you are the way you are!

Perhaps the reason I hate locationless caches is because I'm a locationless cacher. icon_wink.gif

Actually, there was a thread sometime back where people were trying to deduce each other's location based on their cache finds and hides. That's when I decided to be less specific in my profile. The thread eventually died out, but I never changed my profile back. I know I've told a few people who frequent these forums where I live, but the rest will just have to figure it out. icon_confused.gif

But I don't think knowing where I live will help you understand why I am the way I am.

icon_biggrin.gif

Worldtraveler

quote:

I just thought of a 5th complaint:

People who don't even give a hint as to where they live in their profile. If we knew whereabouts you lived, we might better understand why you are the way you are!

_The closest I ever got to a 4.0 in College was my blood alcohol content._

I don't know who you are talking about but my addy exists in the bottom of my sig.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

I don't know who you are talking about but my addy exists in the bottom of my sig.

I think you need to go back to the paraniod thread, this one was not about you.

Although it would be nice to see how many from Michigan admit to your existance. icon_wink.gif

The closest I ever got to a 4.0 in College was my blood alcohol content.

I am not a fan of excessively personal logs that don't tell you much about the cache. They remind me of those Christmas letters that praise 8-year-old Johnny's violin recital. I also hate the reference to "the wife"

"The wife and I decided, after eating pork chops and apple sauce for dinner, to get into our new SUV with 8-speaker sound, and find a Geocache with our new Garmin V. We first decided to get a quick bite to eat at this fantastic restaurant, PeePoo's, which serves a wonderful mix of Chinese/Irish food, with Scottish deserts. Their Moo-shu Corned beef and lamb chow-main are delicious. Try the haggis to top it off. We decided to get tickets to the superbowl, and chartered our own plane to take us there. We put on our new reeboks, and found the cache. Nice cache. TNLN"

[This message was edited by TeamJiffy on September 21, 2002 at 07:11 AM.]

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

I think you need to go back to the paraniod thread, this one was not about you.

Although it would be nice to see how many from Michigan admit to your existance. icon_wink.gif

_The closest I ever got to a 4.0 in College was my blood alcohol content._

Hey, My mom would admit to my existance, not sure about my wife though.

And

What is a Buck eye anyway?

migo_sig_logo.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by TeamJiffy:

I am not a fan of excessively personal logs that don't tell you much about the cache.

You probably would not like Oregone's logs. That's too bad. Oregone sometimes doesn't even mention the cache but for a sentence or two, and the rest is hilarious rambling.

I made a log entry in Oregone style once.

I like those kind of logs... they provide an excellent mental image.

Jamie

Thinking you have the weekend off to go geocaching and finding out you have to work. I'd be out there right now if it weren't for that. icon_frown.gif Tomorrow too icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif Work is one of the worst four letter words I know. Rats! darn! rackinest frackinest!!!!! So many caches, so little time....

Cache you later,

Planet

I just checked out Oregone's logs, and JamieZ is right - they are lots of fun, and contain none of the arrogance that I see in other logs.

Therefore, I now have to change what I said earlier to "I hate logs that are arrogantly overly personal, and praise the person writing it, but love those that are just plain interesting, like Oregone's"

-Jif of TeamJiffy

quote:
Originally posted by leatherman:

Jura lbhe fgnaqvat gurer ba gur genvy qrpelcgvat gur uvag. Bayl gb svaq gung vg'f guvf ovt ybat qrfpevcgvba sebz gur cnexvat nern gb gur pnpur nern. Gur bayl cneg bs gur uvag gung pna uryc lbh,juvyr lbhe arne gur pnpur, vf bayl n pbhcyr bs jbeqf ybat. Gura vg'f fb trareny gung vg'f ab uryc ng nyy.

Whfg n jnfgr bs gvzr gb qrpelcg. Fb jul chg nyy gung trareny vasb va gur rapelcgrq frpgvba? Jul abg whfg cynpr vg va gur pnpur qrfpevcgvba?

V ungr jura gung unccraf!

quote:

I just checked out Oregone's logs, and JamieZ is right -

Well.. since I hadn't checked out any of Oregone's recent logs, I decided to do just that.

Seems his most recent logs are quite short. There is a thread somewhere about funny logs, and one of his wins easily. I hope I can find it.. he has so many logs. I'll have to do a forum search.

Jamie

Ok.. this isn't the one I was thinking of, but it's a typical Oregone log. This is the log, in its entirety:

quote:
August 30 by oregone (487 found)

I don't know. There's this weird part of me that's always said that i'm on the wrong path. Growing up in Woodburn, i never felt at home. The confines of a small town--a place where everyone knows you and everything you do--were almost too much for me to handle. I think that explains why i USUALLY feel so at home in the relative anonymity of portland: that guy at the 7-11 i see almost every morning doesn't know my first name and i can get too tipsy at the barley mill and hit on japanese tourists and not have it end up on the front page of the paper the next morning.

but more often than not, i wonder what would have happened. everyone has these little 'alternative universe' theories about what woulda, coulda, or shoulda happened had they not broken up with so-and-so back in freshman year of college, or if they'd taken that job in chicago three years ago, or perhaps if they'd taken that damned paternity test or something.

small towns: before my visit to raymond, washington, i thought i could sum them up in five words: wanda from estacada taco time. after high school, i moved to the outskirts of estacada and--lacking anything better to do in the middle of the woods--would cruise the drive-thru of taco time looking for, uh, entertainment. and wanda fit the bill perfectly. what is it about red hair, ponytails, and too many freckles that make you want to quit any aspirations of college and just stay in your 2-story pole building for the rest of your life? perhaps it's those crazy body-suits with the little crotch snaps that were so popular in the early nineties. again, i don't know. my love affair with small towns (and with wanda) died after she left me for stupid art alexakis. That explains why i never liked that stupid everclear band.

and although i never wanted to go back to wanda, i DID want to go back to small towns. if not estacada, then perhaps a town not too unlike it. you know, like perhaps raymond, washington. To say the least, i was ill-prepared for what was to happen upon my arrival.

Not one mention of the cache...

Jamie

my short list:

- inconsiderate people : parking in handicap spots when you are not, indiscriminate shopping cart shoving - ending in some strangers cardoor, throwing trash out the car window, not saying a simple "thank you" to pleasant cashiers, ooh I could go on and on

- people leaving religious materials in caches (isn't there some law about separation of church and cache?)

- not spelling definitely correctly -it is NOT "definAtely" (why does that one word bug me so much?)

- and finally: please put the ly on the end of your adverbs, please, I'm beggin' ya

Whew, I feel much better now.

Thanks!

People who don't STOP at stop signs! Some day their going to hit me. Mark my words. I live on a "Hidden Road" with no "Hidden Road" sign at a 4 way intersection with 3 stop signs, in town. It's so dangerous. If you're in my neighborhood at that intersection could you please, stop completely and check the road to the right? I need to pull out of my road. Thank you. I live in ANYTOWN USA!

Hopefully that will be my last complaint. Mostly I'm very happy.

Cache you later,

Planet

quote:
Originally posted by Blarndon:

- not spelling definitely correctly -it is NOT "definAtely" (why does that one word bug me so much?)

I consider myself a pretty good speller, and when I saw your complaint I thought you were mistaken, but I was wrong!

In all my posts, I have used the word twice, incorrectly both times!

Oh, the shame.... icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

I WILL NOT let it happen again!

Save our forests, wipe your *** with a tree-hugger.

quote:

What ever happened to a little bell? Or "on your left!" or such...

TJ, I am a cyclist, although a roadie and not a trail rider. And I have to say that in the rare encounter I have with a pedestrian, the last thing I want to do is holler "on your left" as I'm approaching. I realize it's what's taught, and around other cyclists, I use that call... but in the few times that I've used that technique, what has happened every time is the pedestrian stops, turns toward me (usually to their left), and moves left, right into my way.

I don't understand why... I guess "on your left" is not universal, and folks are startled.

Usually what I'll do if I can't simply give them a wide berth is to holler something about "coming up from behind." That doesn't work well, either.

Um, I'm not sure what the answer is. Good complaint. icon_wink.gif

Jamie

There is this kid who drops his friend off after school each weekday - anyway, he pulls up out front, drops his friend off, and then peels out as he drives away... this happened 4 days in a row last week.

Pull up.

Drop off kid.

Peel out.

And the thing that cracked me up, each and every time the guy peeled out as he left - his moron friend stood there watching, pumping his fist in the air, while going "whoooooooooooo!" in excitement.

4 days in a row, mind you. icon_smile.gif

toe.gif

Click the Toe...  and please stop confusing your opinion with fact, ok?

When I used to live in a bad part of town(if COPS was on TV I'd turn it off and look out the window - it was a better show), I noticed most people who drove up to their freind's houses were universally too lazy to get out of their cars and ring the doorbell. They would come to a screeching stop outside a house and beep their horns incessantly for a full minute. This often meant that everyone on the street would have to walk to their front door or window to see if the moron in the car was there for you. Everyone did this - all the time(of course I quickly became too lazy to walk to the front window and check. It was a battle of the lazies). In Vanier the car-horn doubled as a doorbell

Where's a RPG when you need one.

And how about renting DVDs and videogames... who are these people that can't understand the concept of holding a disc by the edges instead of glomming it all up with scratches, fingerprints, and boogers?

Seriously - I've gotten PS2 games that actually had CHUNKS of stuff on the read surface. *shudder* You'd think Blockbuster would check for snot and crud at least, even if they don't clean em when they're returned. icon_smile.gif

toe.gif

Click the Toe...  and please stop confusing your opinion with fact, ok?

quote:
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

I hate when people ask for opinions and then get all bent out of shape when you don't say what they wanna hear.

You know, I didn't really want to hear that! icon_mad.gif

icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Save our forests, wipe your *** with a tree-hugger.

Quote from Mnt Mud Bug..."Yes I DO want to climb this mountain. Yes, I DO want to get scratches all over. Yes, I KNOW its hot. Yes, I KNOW you're sweating. No, the mosquitos aren't biting ME. Yes, I KNOW you're hungry. Yes, I KNOW where we're going. No, we're NOT lost. Yes, I DID look at the map. No, there ISN'T a spider in your hair. Yes, I KNOW we're not even halfway back yet. No, this ISN'T the last cache we're ever searching for."

What I want to know is...WHAT ARE YOU DOING GEOCACHING WITH MY WIFE? Why, you dirty rotten no good for nothin *@##!..I should haul off and......on second thought, never mind.