Complaint Dept!!

Seeker BP

quote:
Originally posted by FullOn:

I hate when people use English spellings for words when they're not from England. icon_razz.gif

I hate it when a country steals your language, spells half the words wrong and uses the other half to mean the wrong thing (pants, really!), then has the cheek to become some a major political and cultural force that their mangled version of the language is adopted as the international standard.

And I hate living in a country which, when you have to select it from a list, might be listed under Britain, Great Britain, England, United Kingdom, or even just Europe.

And doors that look like they're going to be automatic but turn out not to be.

And rhetorical questions that are supposed to be witty but actually there's a perfectly simple answer and they just go to show the ignorance of the person asking the question, like 'Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the tube?'

Companies that advertise products as 'fun' which obviously aren't.

Fun size chocolate bars - clearly they're less fun than normal size chocolate bars.

Noel Edmonds.

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

Oh, go sue yourself! icon_biggrin.gif

That gives me a great idea.

Dear Ex:

I am very sorry that I can no longer pay you alimony. I was named as a defendant in a lawsuit and, because I had incompetent legal counsel, a multimillion dollar judgment was entered against me. All my assets have been seized to pay off the plaintiff in this case. So, I hate to tell you this, but you may actually have to get a JOB now.

Signed,

LepreLawyer

PS check out my new entry on Geocaching.com, "My ex cheated on me here." It's a multicache.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

I keep missing my ex-wife. But my aim is getting better.

quote:
Originally posted by Team Tecmage (R&T):

Why are there only 24 hours in the day? If we had, say 28, we could find some time to Geocache.

BTW, why only seven days? If we had eight, we could have three days in a weekend and get some Geocaching done.

BTW, why only 365 days....

If we had eight days, us employers would have SIX work days so our eemployees could get some work done. icon_smile.gif

"My gps say's it RIGHT HERE".

http://www.geogadgets.com

quote:
Originally posted by leatherman:

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

"My ex cheated on me here." It's a multicache.

I hate it when I feel dumb, this is one of those times! I looked all through Lep's caches for that one, then searched all the caches! Not until I read the repost by leatherman did I get the joke! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Women are like guns, keep one around long enough and you're going to want to shoot it.

quote:

I hate it when I feel dumb,

Feel dumb??? Have you had a look at your avatar lately? icon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gificon_wink.gif Looks like you got dressed in the dark this morning. icon_wink.gif

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The 'idiot' who should be banned because he likes to spend all day annoying people while drinking beer.

I'd like to complain about indians that can't walk straight and civil engineers that think indian trails would make good roads.

Looking at maps of mid western states you can see that the vast majority of roads are laid out in logical grid squares. Here in Pa and all of New England most roads follow old indian trails and they seem to have lacked the ability to walk 10 feet in a straight line.

I have nothing against indians but I wish one of htem had a compass.

Eeyore

It took a GPS to get me away from technology.

quote:
Originally posted by Eeyore/Shadow:

Looking at maps of mid western states you can see that the vast majority of roads are laid out in logical grid squares. Here in Pa and all of New England most roads follow old indian trails and they seem to have lacked the ability to walk 10 feet in a straight line.

The crooked streets in New England are not because of the Indians, it's because the colonists just used to walk on the cow trails icon_cool.gif

quote:

I hate it when I feel dumb, this is one of those times! I looked all through Lep's caches for that one, then searched all the caches! Not until I read the repost by leatherman did I get the joke! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

From now on, and just for you, I'll try to remember to include little diagrams in my postings to explain... "<--- that was SARCASTIC" or "WARNING - PUN AHEAD ---->." And when I do get around to setting out that 8-step multicache, I'll be sure to include a special first finder's prize for you at the end. Oh wait... I forgot... you already have an ex. Well, maybe a big bag o' doots then.

So how long DID it take you to search through the descriptions of all two of the caches I've placed?

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

I keep missing my ex-wife. But my aim is getting better.

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

So how long DID it take you to search through the descriptions of all two of the caches I've placed?

Too long! After double checking those, I thought maybe I read it wrong and you meant one of your finds, so I looked through them, plus all the logs, then I proceeded to do a search on all caches! And I still couldn't put two and two together! And yes, I'll prefer a bag of doots to an ex anyday!

quote:
Originally posted by Alan2:

Hey brdad, I've notice your new wardrobe recently. Who ya been listening too? Anders or briansnat? icon_wink.gif

It's in memory of Monty Python, check (but don't read it!) the posted in error...don't read thread. Actually, I've become to respect brianSnat, and he can have any avatar he wants in my book now. And Anders... well, don't they all dress like that over there? icon_wink.gif

Women are like guns, keep one around long enough and you're going to want to shoot it.

quote:
Originally posted by Acceptable Risk:

Crack photographers have taken shots of brdad... photos to follow.

Now there's something that would scare the deer, the dogs, and the neighbors away!

I hate the freakin caches that move. There's a cache or two that I never plan on doing, because it's somewhat similar to a locationless cache. Each time it moves, the hider resets the date, and now it shows up as a new cache on my list. I wish someone would move it out of my area and keep it there. There is no reason to reset the date except to move it up in the state list.

Dontcha hate when a topic is about to drop off the bottom of the page and someone drags it back up to the top by adding some inane comment that has no real value or merit and usually doesn't apply to geocaching anyway, and then goes on and on in one long run-on sentence and you get out of breath just reading it, and you're at work so it takes up a bunch of time and you're worried that the IT guys are keeping track of your personal internet usage and your boss is going to call you in to his office and chew you a new @ss only because he (or she) is worried that it'll get to his (or her) boss who'll chew them a new @ss, and meanwhile while your are reading the dadgum post the poster (or postess) edits it and adds a stupid link like this that does nothing but bring you right back to where the whole miserable mess started?

If your house catches afire, and there aint no water around,

Throw your jelly out the window; let the dog-gone shack burn down.

**Huddie Ledbetter**

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

Dontcha hate when a topic is about to drop off the bottom of the page and someone drags it back up to the top by adding some inane comment that has no real value or merit and usually doesn't apply to geocaching anyway, and then goes on and on in one long run-on sentence and you get out of breath just reading it, and you're at work so it takes up a bunch of time and you're worried that the IT guys are keeping track of your personal internet usage and your boss is going to call you in to his office and chew you a new @ss only because he (or she) is worried that it'll get to his (or her) boss who'll chew them a new @ss, and meanwhile while your are reading the dadgum post the poster (or postess) edits it and adds a stupid link like http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000917383&m=3740967335 that does nothing but bring you right back to where the whole miserable mess started?

**Huddie Ledbetter**

Funny because I was just saying exactly that to myself. icon_smile.gif

______________________________________________________________________________________

The 'idiot' who should be banned because he likes to spend all day annoying people while drinking beer.

clues that include hyperbole, random thoughts & other nonsense that I must decode to get to the point.

clues that are too vague or not really helpful.

caches descriptions that dont tell you what you're looking for in terms of container.

caches that are underrated. I have no issue with overrating.

staff members approving locationless caches that are identical to exisitng ones. that REALLY irritates me, considering the hoops I've had to jump thru to make mine approvable. clearly mine go right to the rules lawyers...

alt.gif

www.gpswnj.com

quote:
Originally posted by arcadesdude:

I hate it when shipping and handling costs are more than the product they're selling!

--Ricky Cobb

I always tell them that I would prefer to "handle" the item myself. Since it's new I want to be the first to handle it.

I've never yet run into a salesperson who found any humor in that..... icon_rolleyes.gif

**Huddie Ledbetter**

I haven't chimed in yet, so I will...

Hypocrites especially complaining ones. They complain about something that they've done themselves. Other variant: those who try to set up rules that they have previously broken, or once set up they proceed to break.

Imcompetence that creates double work. I have always maintained at my job: I never mind doing a great deal of work if someone asks me to. What I hate is having to redo the work if someone else messes up.

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

I always tell them that I would prefer to "handle" the item myself. Since it's new I want to be the first to handle it.

Criminal,

I believe I have something here that you can handle... icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif

--majicman

BigSig rules to live by:

3.) NEVER get "off-topic." These threads are ALL far too serious for that!

I've had what I thought was a cold coming on since the weekend. I just realized, out of 9 caches I found this past weekend 4 or 5 had those stinking hang from the rearview mirror type air freshners. Not unopened as a cache prize mind you, but openened, the string was taped to the cache cover on a few.

Not only do they stink, but I'm allergic to them! People, if your cache is so musty and stinky you think it needs freshening, try some Massengill or something and clean it up, don't cover up what's allready rotting inside... icon_biggrin.gif

Caches too close or in parking lots.

Two days in a row now I went for these and each time ended up having to wait for someone hanging out in their car to leave before I could go back to the cache site and put the cache back. One of these caches was rated a 2.5/2 for some reason that I can't figure out. Maybe its not so much the caches because they were fun, good and easy (just like I like my women) but maybe its the people that are hanging around causing me grief while I'm caching. What the heck could they be thinking. icon_biggrin.gif

______________________________________________________________________________________

It's been said before, and justified before, but I've seen it so much this week that it's starting to get to me.

Hey newbies! PLEASE take 10 seconds to see if someone has already posted the answer to your question before you ask it again. It's one thing when the question was asked months ago and you'd have to be a library scientist to figure out how to phrase a relevent search, but when you just post a question that has almost the same exact topic as the post three items down from yours, it's just annoying!

Grr...Thank you.

ApK

I'd like to complain about people who complain about message threads that are too long.

Isn't it better than having 10 threads of the same subject?

And then you get the people that open a new thread just to complain about a thread about complaining. What's up with that?

Obviously this is a topic that is of interest to us all, so I see no need not to keep it going!

People that waste forum space to post a poll about the complaint thread when in reality he's just bringing more attention to complaining!

Do they think just because a thread may be closed that another one won't pop up?

Complaint # ???

Hyprocrites icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

I want to complain about the people who start new threads about complaining, when there is an obviously perfectly good thread about complaining right here. icon_mad.gificon_razz.gif

http://home.columbus.rr.com/rubbertoe/index.html

Click the Toe...  and please stop confusing your opinion with fact, ok?

Well, see, this here is a thread OF complaints, the other one is a thread ABOUT complaints...sort of a meta subject thread....