Complaint Dept!!

Seeker BP

I get irritated when a topic goes to two pages. That's just extra clicking...... icon_mad.gif

If your house catches afire, and there aint no water around,

Throw your jelly out the window; let the dog-gone shack burn down.

**Huddie Ledbetter**

quote:
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

I like the 1/1 caches. icon_smile.gif

Try wearing shoes and get something done with that cross eye thing and maybe you'll enjoy a 2 or a 3 icon_biggrin.gif

Actually, I was stating it only because my immediate area seems to lack in more difficult caches.

On my first day of school my parents dropped me off at the wrong nursery. There I was...surrounded by trees and bushes.

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

Maybe somebody will teach me how to make one of those linky things.

quote:
Originally posted by ApK:

...just click the button that says URL down below the editor window where you type your replies (down where it says Instant UBBCode...in the green banner).

You know, I always wondered why they had "URL" on that button instead of "linky thing"! icon_wink.gif

On my first day of school my parents dropped me off at the wrong nursery. There I was...surrounded by trees and bushes.

So define difficult. I spent 45minutes or so looking for a micro today and got lucky (it was part of the 'Travelin' Cache') The container was a 35mm film container sitting on the ground. To me that wasn't "difficult" but hard to find. Anyone can make a micro hard to find if not impossible if they want.

So what makes a difficult cache other than being small and hard to find?

migo_sig_logo.jpg

By difficult I mean a little tougher to get to, longer walk, more agressive terrain. I've had trouble locating some of my finds so far, but have always succeeded. My son is better at locating the actual cache. But there are a lot of caches here 5 feet off a common trail. It probably does not help that I have know 80% of this state by heart due to the travelling I have done here over the years.

I'm sure I'll find some tougher ones eventually, and I may feel a little different once I get a few no-finds.

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Z:

I've noticed that topics posted as polls don't have this feature. Maybe we should all start posting polls.

Is it that, or just that most polls don't get enough replies? The Official Geocaching FRS Channel Part 3 FINAL ROUND Poll covers 2 pages.

quote:
Originally posted by The Intrepid Lemmings:

hmm - anyone know why the convenient little grey box wouldn't let me paste. It's obnoxious to have to type the entire address.

You proabably cannot paste because the computer has run out of glue. Get a gallon at your nearest wholesale store and squeeze into all available holes on the computer.

Numbers, length, glue, I don't know icon_confused.gif

What I do know is that we need the link to page one, two, three, four, so, on, and, so, forth on the main forum page so that you don't have to go to the thread (page one) then go to whatever page you want. I have been on many forums that have this feature and it is nice.

I'm sure I will be posting/replying to comments on page one where the thread has gone to multiple pages for a while until I get used to it.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

You proabably cannot paste because the computer has run out of glue. Get a gallon at your nearest wholesale store and sqeeze into all available holes on the computer.

That sounds like a quote from an old friend of mine that used to work tech. support in the IT dept., he was overflowing with sarcasm. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

He always had idiots calling in with the most moronic problems. He actually had to go to one person's desk just to plug in (the electrical plug, not the computer connection) the monitor and turn it on 'cause she (yes, it was a she) was too stupid to follow directions. icon_eek.gif

I'm not lost!

I just don't know where I am.

quote:
You proabably cannot paste because the computer has run out of glue. Get a gallon at your nearest wholesale store and sqeeze into all available holes on the computer

*snicker* I THINK I know enough about computers to know that you ONLY EVER put glue in the floppy drive........

(o do I ever hope I did the quote moderately right, or mockery will surely abound..)

beta lemming. (the other lemming is far more computer competent, sadly, you're stuck with me)

quote:
Originally posted by Level_1:

People who return to a cache just to pick up a travel bug. There's not much challenge in going back to a cache you have already visited.

Well, if I am going back to a cache to find a bug, it isn't about the challenge anymore. I'd just be interested in helping a bug along on its way. icon_smile.gif

- Toe.

toe.gif

Click The Toe.

Cheese

A record store sales clerk asked me “Is there anything I can help you with?” I said, “Yeah, you can knock three or four bucks off the price of this disk.” She went to the back and got me a coupon for three bucks off.

Sometimes it pays to tell them what you REALLY want.

Throw your jelly out the window; let the dog-gone shack burn down.

**Huddie Ledbetter**

quote:
Originally posted by Countess2002:

.....I think MountainMudBug

has been caching with my

husband...

Countess - if he has a fresh, etrex-shaped dent in the middle of his forehead, it could be him....

-----------------------------------------------------------

I sincerely feel that the facts are completely irrelevant in this case.

Having that one cache that you can't and really don't want to find at the top of your ever shortening 100 mile radius list. icon_mad.gif The micro cache that only one person in the last six months has claimed to find and a dozen others including myself convinced that it either is now underwater or sufficiently covered by stinging nettles that you'll never find it. At the same time resisting the urge to fake it to get the dang thing out of your face.

Or I'm just to anal and can't get over it icon_biggrin.gif

I think I'll just go drive that 42 miles this evening and find the next closest.

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

Sometimes it pays to tell them what you REALLY want.

I told the sales girl just what I REALLY wanted one day and ended up singing soprano.

Hey, there's my 4th complaint ... Sales girls that don't give 100%.

Just a little off topic but on the subject of revenge on annoying clerks... Go to a Dunkin Donuts... Order donuts.. Ask them what the little piece of waxed paper is for... Answer "So we don't get germs from our hands on your food." (or something similar).... Then you say " In that case why are you throwing it in my bag with my food then?" If you really wanna be annoying ask to speak to a manager, see what he says! icon_razz.gifFreaks 'em out every time!

Also sure fire way to always get fresh food at a fast food rest like McDonald's... Always ask for something 'special'.... No onions, no pickle, etc. Then they have to make it fresh. No burger that's been sitting under a heat lamp for an hour!

quote:
Originally posted by Dru Morgan:

Thank you for coming to Oddburger restaurant, home of the Oddburger, would you like to try our Oddburger special today consisting of an Oddburger, fries and a shake?

Hey, I just want to order, I don't need a complete rundown of your specials. This isn't the Ritz.

[This message was edited by Dru Morgan on September 19, 2002 at 10:29 AM.]

Since we have switched gears and are talking about fast food, I'll expand on Dru's post here. How about that super annoying Taco Bell Automated Drive Thru Answering Machine. When you pull up, some guy in a jamaican accent asks you if you want a Super Deluxe Combo Mega Bean Triple Threat Burrito Meal with extra hot sauce, a side of Mega Super Duper Nachos, and a Pineapple Slice. Of course you always have to answer NO, and then you proceed to order. Well, since it was an automated response the dufus taking your order is never ready. They then in a totally different voice and accent ask if you would please repeat that. You know, if they aren't ready to take the order, then turn off the automated suggestive sell recording!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel much better now. icon_smile.gif

Fig

Something really special. Besides you know all they do is open up that burger that has been sitting around for days and scrape the sauce off of it or through pickles on it whatever the request is. Also you know that ordering something special pisses them off even more than they already are so they will take extra care of you.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

1.Used golf balls in any cache...are you that broke.

2.Lighters in cache...go ahead put something that maks fire in the woods.

3.When people don't put the lid on you cache and it gets wet...why do you just pour your bottle of water in before go.

4.Food like beef jerkie or a package of Twinkes...I always trade for green food.

5.People who drive to slow on the highway...I'm not saying you sould speed just go the speed LIMIT.

Ok.LIFE IS GOOD AND CACHE ON.